Re: [pcgen] [TM - P9] Speak Languages hard-coded?

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2003
      > It looks like the Abilities pop-up only works if the skill is named
      > "Speak Language" regardless of the TYPE tag. This is causing me some
      > problems. Am I just doing something wrong?
      >
      > -Greg G

      Apparently it is hardcoded. It might also explain why the limitation on
      CHOOSE is no longer checked, but that is prob. more to do with the Summary
      tab than anything else.

      TM's this needs to be a BUG tracker, Priority 9 (highest). This needs to be
      removed ASAP, so we don't go in violation of our licenses. I'm CCing the
      appropriate BoD members as well.

      I find it really weird that we even have it in Internationalization. Maybe
      because of the Languages button on Summary? If so, we need to eventually
      rethink that whole thing to make it more flexible.

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen BoD
      Data Silverback

      Find 'Speak Language' in
      'C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\core\PlayerCharacter.java' :
      C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\core\PlayerCharacter.java(6852): final Skill
      speakLang = getSkillNamed("Speak Language");
      Found 'Speak Language' 1 time(s).
      Find 'Speak Language' in 'C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\gui\Utility.java' :
      C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\gui\Utility.java(612): return
      chooseSpokenLanguage(aPC, "Speak Language");
      C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\gui\Utility.java(622):
      JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "You do not have enough ranks in Speak
      Language", Constants.s_APPNAME, JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);
      Found 'Speak Language' 2 time(s).
      Find 'Speak Language' in
      'C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\gui\InfoAbilities.java' :
      C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\gui\InfoAbilities.java(392): // granted or
      granted via the "Speak Language" skill
      C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\gui\InfoAbilities.java(393): // Remove any
      language selected via "Speak Language"
      Found 'Speak Language' 2 time(s).
      Find 'Speak Language' in
      'C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\gui\prop\LanguageBundle.properties' :
      C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\gui\prop\LanguageBundle.properties(526):
      in_iaSkillNamed = Speak Language
      Found 'Speak Language' 1 time(s).
      Find 'Speak Language' in
      'C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\gui\prop\LanguageBundle_en_US.properties' :
      C:\CVS\pcgen\src\java\pcgen\gui\prop\LanguageBundle_en_US.properties(592):
      in_iaSkillNamed = Speak Language
      Found 'Speak Language' 1 time(s).
      Search complete, found 'Speak Language' 7 time(s). (5 files.)