Re: [pcgen] Re: Horses?

  • Derek J. Balling
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
      On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 06:03 AM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
      > Thanks, that works fine. However, in this way, I don't get an overview
      > of the horses's stats and abilities in case it's enganged in a fight.

      Correct. Best bet is to treat it like a follower. :)

    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Derek J. Balling" <groups@m...> wrote:

        > On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 06:03 AM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
        > > Thanks, that works fine. However, in this way, I don't get an overview
        > > of the horses's stats and abilities in case it's enganged in a fight.
        >
        > Correct. Best bet is to treat it like a follower. :)

        Hm, if I add it like this I get a horse character pcg with 0 hp and I
        can only add classes to it to get hit points. Seems a bit strange. :)
      • Kevin Colagio
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Radermacher" wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Derek J. Balling" wrote:
          > >
          > > On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 06:03 AM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
          > > > Thanks, that works fine. However, in this way, I don't get
          > > > an overview of the horses's stats and abilities in case it's
          > > > enganged in a fight.
          > >
          > > Correct. Best bet is to treat it like a follower. :)
          >
          > Hm, if I add it like this I get a horse character pcg with 0 hp and I
          > can only add classes to it to get hit points. Seems a bit strange. :)

          I added a mule and pony to two of my character sheets on Monday and
          when I did it, it popped up the "Add Hit Points" dialog box automatically.

          Maybe you don't have that option checked in the preferences? Other
          than that, I'm not sure what it could be (unless it's a LST error,
          which is kinda unlikely as other animals work).

          Also, you want to add the horse as both a follower and an equipment
          item. There is no real way to move your equipment to a follower
          without not equipping it on your character and having the horse buy
          it...which actually would be the right way to do it (with a few extra
          steps) since the horses carry capacity would impact it's abilities in
          a fight.

          Hope that helps.

          Kevin Colagio
        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Colagio" <kcolagio@y...> wrote:
            > I added a mule and pony to two of my character sheets on Monday and
            > when I did it, it popped up the "Add Hit Points" dialog box
            automatically.

            A, I get it. Of course I need the Monster Manual loaded. :-)

            > Also, you want to add the horse as both a follower and an equipment
            > item. There is no real way to move your equipment to a follower
            > without not equipping it on your character and having the horse buy
            > it...which actually would be the right way to do it (with a few extra
            > steps) since the horses carry capacity would impact it's abilities in
            > a fight.

            Indeed, deature to move items from one character to another would be
            very helpful. My PC usually have a bunch of items that do not belong
            to a single character but are owned by the whole group. having a
            feature like this would help a lot in managing things like taht.

            Regards,
            Stefan.