Horses?

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
      What is the best way to add a war horse to my character? Also I need
      to have it carry some of my character's equipment?

      Regards,
      Stefan.
    • Ward, Christopher
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
        Treat it as a container.

        - Buy one from the Gear tab of the inventory.
        - Equip it as "Not Carried" (otherwise you end up with the horse on your
        weight allocation)
        - Add equipment to it as yu see fit.

        I have a character with a war horse. The horse is carrying: Tack,
        saddlebags, bedroll. And in the saddlebags are a whole load of other things.

        regards,
        Frugal
        - OS Tamarin

      • feagil123
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
          I do the same with locations. I created custom containers with
          appropriately large capacities, and use them to indicate items "left
          at home". These include: my character's small house in town, his
          extra-dimensional laboratory, the ranger's keep in the woods, and
          the elven cleric's new temple. That way I (and the DM) know what
          spare gear is stored where.

          Paul Smith

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Ward, Christopher"
          <Christopher.Ward@m...> wrote:
          > Treat it as a container.
          >
          > - Buy one from the Gear tab of the inventory.
          > - Equip it as "Not Carried" (otherwise you end up with the horse
          on your
          > weight allocation)
          > - Add equipment to it as yu see fit.
          >
          > I have a character with a war horse. The horse is carrying: Tack,
          > saddlebags, bedroll. And in the saddlebags are a whole load of
          other things.

          > regards,
          > Frugal
          > - OS Tamarin

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
            <Christopher.Ward@m...> wrote:
            > Treat it as a container.
            >
            > - Buy one from the Gear tab of the inventory.
            > - Equip it as "Not Carried" (otherwise you end up with the horse on your
            > weight allocation)
            > - Add equipment to it as yu see fit.

            Thanks, that works fine. However, in this way, I don't get an overview
            of the horses's stats and abilities in case it's enganged in a fight.

            Regards,
            Stefan.
          • Ward, Christopher
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
              You could also add a horse as an animal companion, or follower.

              regards,
              Frugal
              - OS Tamarin

            • Derek J. Balling
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
                On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 06:03 AM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                > Thanks, that works fine. However, in this way, I don't get an overview
                > of the horses's stats and abilities in case it's enganged in a fight.

                Correct. Best bet is to treat it like a follower. :)

              • Stefan Radermacher
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Derek J. Balling" <groups@m...> wrote:

                  > On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 06:03 AM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                  > > Thanks, that works fine. However, in this way, I don't get an overview
                  > > of the horses's stats and abilities in case it's enganged in a fight.
                  >
                  > Correct. Best bet is to treat it like a follower. :)

                  Hm, if I add it like this I get a horse character pcg with 0 hp and I
                  can only add classes to it to get hit points. Seems a bit strange. :)
                • Kevin Colagio
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Radermacher" wrote:
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Derek J. Balling" wrote:
                    > >
                    > > On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 06:03 AM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                    > > > Thanks, that works fine. However, in this way, I don't get
                    > > > an overview of the horses's stats and abilities in case it's
                    > > > enganged in a fight.
                    > >
                    > > Correct. Best bet is to treat it like a follower. :)
                    >
                    > Hm, if I add it like this I get a horse character pcg with 0 hp and I
                    > can only add classes to it to get hit points. Seems a bit strange. :)

                    I added a mule and pony to two of my character sheets on Monday and
                    when I did it, it popped up the "Add Hit Points" dialog box automatically.

                    Maybe you don't have that option checked in the preferences? Other
                    than that, I'm not sure what it could be (unless it's a LST error,
                    which is kinda unlikely as other animals work).

                    Also, you want to add the horse as both a follower and an equipment
                    item. There is no real way to move your equipment to a follower
                    without not equipping it on your character and having the horse buy
                    it...which actually would be the right way to do it (with a few extra
                    steps) since the horses carry capacity would impact it's abilities in
                    a fight.

                    Hope that helps.

                    Kevin Colagio
                  • Stefan Radermacher
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Colagio" <kcolagio@y...> wrote:
                      > I added a mule and pony to two of my character sheets on Monday and
                      > when I did it, it popped up the "Add Hit Points" dialog box
                      automatically.

                      A, I get it. Of course I need the Monster Manual loaded. :-)

                      > Also, you want to add the horse as both a follower and an equipment
                      > item. There is no real way to move your equipment to a follower
                      > without not equipping it on your character and having the horse buy
                      > it...which actually would be the right way to do it (with a few extra
                      > steps) since the horses carry capacity would impact it's abilities in
                      > a fight.

                      Indeed, deature to move items from one character to another would be
                      very helpful. My PC usually have a bunch of items that do not belong
                      to a single character but are owned by the whole group. having a
                      feature like this would help a lot in managing things like taht.

                      Regards,
                      Stefan.