[FREQ] Error handling for loading of sources

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
      Here is some functionality I would like to implement. I would appreciate any
      feedback before I commence.

      With the LST editor functionality settling down, more and more of us will be
      generating our own custom sources. Also, a lot of us are already writing LST
      files the good ol' fashioned way (with a text editor).

      I think something that needs to be developed is more robust error handling and
      reporting when loading sources (custom or otherwise).

      Any errors encountered during a source load are handled properly, and a dialog
      with some kind of consolidated error log is produced. This will make
      identification and correction of lst errors much easier.

      Rich
      Code Monkey
    • jeff.kelly@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
        Rich schrieb:

        > I think something that needs to be developed is more
        > robust error handling and
        > reporting when loading sources (custom or otherwise).
        >
        > Any errors encountered during a source load are handled
        > properly, and a dialog
        > with some kind of consolidated error log is produced.
        > This will make
        > identification and correction of lst errors much easier.

        It would be even better (OK I'm daydreaming here) to have some kind of
        seperate .lst-files parser so that one can identify errors in the files
        without starting pcgen at all. (just loading/unloading sources will not
        alway work for me)

        But some kind of standardized error reporting for lst-files would
        definitely be something I'd likje to see in pcgen.

        Regards

        Christian