New (potential) developer needs help

  • Kamenayath
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi all,
      I'm a C++ coder looking to learn Java.
      I'm also new to Sourceforge, CVS and Ant.

      I've managed to pull the code onto my machine, but
      I'm not sure which projects I need, and how to build
      it. I found a document describing the use of CVS and
      Ant to build, but I misplaced it - it was on my work
      machine and I'm no longer working :(

      If anyone could point me at some introductory docs I'd
      be most grateful. I'm running Windows XP.

      Thanks,
      Catherine
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
        > Hi all,
        > I'm a C++ coder looking to learn Java. I'm also new to Sourceforge,
        > CVS and Ant.
        >
        > I've managed to pull the code onto my machine, but I'm not sure
        > which projects I need, and how to build it. I found a document
        > describing the use of CVS and Ant to build, but I misplaced it - it
        > was on my work machine and I'm no longer working :(
        >
        > If anyone could point me at some introductory docs I'd be most
        > grateful. I'm running Windows XP.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Catherine
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
          Hi Catherine,

          Check out
          http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pcgen/DEVELOPER_INSTALL?rev=1
          .3 and
          http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pcgen/cvssetup.txt?rev=1.7

          James Dempsey
          JDempsey@...

          > I'm also new to Sourceforge, CVS and Ant.
          >
          > I've managed to pull the code onto my machine, but
          > I'm not sure which projects I need, and how to build
          > it. I found a document describing the use of CVS and
          > Ant to build, but I misplaced it - it was on my work
          > machine and I'm no longer working :(
          >
          > If anyone could point me at some introductory docs I'd
          > be most grateful. I'm running Windows XP.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Catherine
        • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2003
            Sluuurrrrrrrpppppppppppppp POP Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

            Soul Reaper Chimp