[BUG] Loremaster

  • feagil123
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
      I tried adding one level of Loremaster to a Wiz10 character and
      encountered problems. I'm using Windows XP and 4.3.5. The things I
      encountered are:

      1) The dialog box prompting for a class to which a caster level is
      added comes up twice. Each time it indicates one selection left, and
      decrements that number if you select a class.
      2) If one closes the second dialog box without making a selection
      (there is no cancel button), saves are still calculated as if 2
      levels of Loremaster have been added, not one. Class/level info in
      the pcg file indicates one level of Loremaster, not two.
      3) The dialog box prompting for a Loremaster Secret only appears
      intermittently. On some attempts to re-create the problem it shows.
      Other times it does not.
      4) After saving the pcg, and closing pcgen, I have re-opened pcgen
      and the character resulting in the same incorrect save info.

      I have tried this repeatedly resulting in the same behavior. I have
      re-created the character from scratch and duplicated the same
      behavior. It looks to me like there's a code bug in the routine
      called to do these operations, but I don't know java (I've done
      light procedural, not OO programming), and I couldn't fix it if it
      was pointed out to me.

      Thanks for the help with this.

      Paul Smith
    • feagil123
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
        In trying to track down other problems, I found the following lines
        in the console:

        Redefining Loremaster in
        file:/C:/pcgen/data/d20ogl/srd/srdclassesprestige.lst
        Redefining Loremaster in
        file:/C:/pcgen/data/d20ogl/srd/srdclassesprestige.lst
        Redefining Loremaster in
        file:/C:/pcgen/data/d20ogl/srd/srdclassesprestige.lst

        No additional data regarding Loremaster appears in the console. What
        is pcgen redefining? It seems likely to me (though not guaranteed)
        that the problem behaviors I've gotten using Loremaster are somehow
        related.

        Paul Smith