BUG? Appraise skill for a Dwarf.

  • Kevin Colagio
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30 12:03 PM
      A Dwarf receives a +2 as a racial modifier on appraising stone and
      metal items and on the Skill table, it doesn't reflect that.

      Should it have the +2 in the skills modifier column?

      Kevin Colagio
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30 12:20 PM
        No, because that's a very narrow part of appraise.

        He doesn't get +2 to appraisal of everything, so it doesn't get added to the
        skill.

        Barak
        - PCGen BoD
        - OS Silverback

      • Kevin Colagio
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30 12:51 PM
          > No, because that's a very narrow part of appraise.
          >
          > He doesn't get +2 to appraisal of everything, so it doesn't get
          > added to the skill.

          Works for me. That's what I figured was the case, but then I tried to
          come up with things that aren't made of rock or metal...and all I
          could come up with were wood and leather things....glass is
          borderline. *shrug*

          Thanks.

          Kevin Colagio
        • Emily Smirle
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30 9:43 PM
            Kevin Colagio wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
            >
            >>No, because that's a very narrow part of appraise.
            >>
            >>He doesn't get +2 to appraisal of everything, so it doesn't get
            >>added to the skill.
            >>

            > Works for me. That's what I figured was the case, but then I tried to
            > come up with things that aren't made of rock or metal...and all I
            > could come up with were wood and leather things....glass is
            > borderline. *shrug*

            "all I could come up with were wood and leather things"

            Oh dear god.

            Paintings! Textiles! Tapestries! Rugs! haute-coture clothing! Pottery! A
            scroll from the last empire containing an original copy of a work by a
            given author!

            Ivory statuettes/figurines, clay statuettes, wooden knicknacks....

            beadwork, blankets...

            sit down and watch the Antiques Roadshow if you're running out of ideas. :)

            --
            "Is he an evil outsider?"
            "Well, he was one of the loners in evil kindergarten..."