Re: [Bug] Coins in Containers?

  • kigmatzomat
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Clegg" <arknight@s...> > >
      > >>I just tried adding a bunch of coins to a sack, and could only add 50
      > >>coins to it. since the Sack contains 40 lbs, shouldn't the contains
      > >>tag have COINS=2000 added to the CONTAINS?
      > >
      > > Sometimes there's item limits, not just weight limits. Like it may
      > > not be possible to physically fit more than 50 coins into a sack,
      > > The SRD says that the Sack holds 1cf. Not sure what that >

      [furtive glance] must type quickly while server copies files! The
      master will notice!

      By the same token, the flasks & waterskins are broken when it comes to
      potions. the "Fluid" tag is flawed in that water & oil are pints/ea
      (milk carton) but potions are 1 ounce/ea (e.g. airplane bottle/test
      tube).

      > I suspect platinum pieces are about the size of a sequin...

      BTW: AD&D coins weigh 9g each (.02 lbs). using U.S. coins as the
      basis and assuming 50% nickel alloying 'cuz I'm lazy & I'll be back to
      upgrading a server in moments so excel will have to be stupid simple:

      pp ~nickel
      gp ~nickel (comparable to 14k gold @ 13.7g/cc)
      sp ~dollar/gold dollar
      cp ~dollar/gold dollar

      Each of these is about 10% thinner than normal.

      (http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/index.cfm?flash=yes&action=coin_specifications)

      & the following densities
      Nickel (Ni) = 8.9 g/cc Silver (Ag) = 10.5 g/cc Gold (Au) = 19.3 g/cc
      Copper (Cu) = 8.9 g/cc Platinum (Pt) = 20.5 g/cc

      Crap! The error beep calls! Yes my diminumtive dark lord! I hear
      and obey!

      -James McP