[pcgen]Tooltips????

  • will
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 28, 2003
      is there any reason to keep them in the software? I have to disable mine every time I run pcgen and I am really getting tired of it can you just take out tooltips all together?

    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 28, 2003
        Hm - what OS are you using? Could a tracker post a bug report about
        this and include the OS/java version info so we can assign it to an
        appropriate code monkey? Thanks.

        -Bryan

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 28, 2003
          this happens in Windows ME, 2000, XP and i use java 1.4.0 and 1.4.1
          Hm - what OS are you using? Could a tracker post a bug report about
          this and include the OS/java version info so we can assign it to an
          appropriate code monkey? Thanks.

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "will" <wmmiteff@h...> wrote:
          > is there any reason to keep them in the software? I have to
          disable mine every time I run pcgen and I am really getting tired of
          it can you just take out tooltips all together?

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • John Sussenberger
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 28, 2003
            Will,
            What happens with PCGen? Does it lock up, crash, etc?
            Thanks,
            -John-
            PCGen QA Gibbon

            will <wmmiteff@...> wrote:this happens in Windows ME, 2000, XP and i use java 1.4.0 and 1.4.1
            Hm - what OS are you using? Could a tracker post a bug report about
            this and include the OS/java version info so we can assign it to an
            appropriate code monkey? Thanks.

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "will" <wmmiteff@h...> wrote:
            > is there any reason to keep them in the software? I have to
            disable mine every time I run pcgen and I am really getting tired of
            it can you just take out tooltips all together?

          • will

              Hm - what OS are you using? Could a tracker post a bug report about
              this and include the OS/java version info so we can assign it to an
              appropriate code monkey? Thanks.

              -Bryan

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "will" <wmmiteff@h...> wrote:
              > is there any reason to keep them in the software? I have to
              disable mine every time I run pcgen and I am really getting tired of
              it can you just take out tooltips all together?

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Kent Behrends
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 28, 2003
                On Friday, March 28, 2003, at 06:49 AM, will wrote:
                > this happens in Windows ME, 2000, XP and i use java 1.4.0 and 1.4.1

                > From: merton_monk
                >> Could a tracker post a bug report about
                >> this and include the OS/java version info so we can assign it to an
                >> appropriate code monkey? Thanks.

                I can't duplicate this :(
                Works fine with 2000 and XP using java 1.4.1.

                ---kent-(-
                enum monkeyTypes = {tracker=42, tester};
                monkeyGrade = (monkey==tracker) ? Gibbon : Lemure;
              • Brass Tilde
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 28, 2003
                  > all it does is have tooltips when i start even when i disable them.
                  > i have even changed the setting in the ini file and made it write
                  > protected and it still has tooltips

                  With the new method of locating the OPTIONS.INI file that has been
                  implemented, are you sure that PCGen isn't looking at a copy of the that
                  file in a directory other than the one you are expecting?
                • krazhit
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 28, 2003
                    Just a thought, how do you start PCGen? (via the bat file or jar?)
                    And then how do you exit (close the command window or GUI)

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "will" <wmmiteff@h...> wrote:
                    > all it does is have tooltips when i start even when i disable
                    them. i have even changed the setting in the ini file and made it
                    write protected and it still has tooltips

                    Service.

                  • Thatcher
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 28, 2003
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "will" <wmmiteff@h...> wrote:
                      > this happens in Windows ME, 2000, XP and i use java 1.4.0 and 1.4.1

                      If you have both Java 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 installed at the same time this
                      could be the problem. Java doesn't like having two different
                      versions installed at the same time.

                      Knightcrawler
                      LST Chimp
                    • William Miteff
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 29, 2003
                        i have made copies of my pcgen and giving them to other people and they don't have the problems that i have. right now i only know of one other person with this problem.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 29, 2003
                          i have pcgen create it's own new ini files when i download a new version and each version has its own fold on my computer

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 29, 2003
                            i only start it with the .jar file and exit by file exit
                            Just a thought, how do you start PCGen? (via the bat file or jar?)
                            And then how do you exit (close the command window or GUI)

                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "will" <wmmiteff@h...> wrote:
                            > all it does is have tooltips when i start even when i disable
                            them. i have even changed the setting in the ini file and made it
                            write protected and it still has tooltips

                            Service.

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          • William Miteff
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 29, 2003
                              my Windows ME and 2000 machines have 1.4.1 but my XP only has 1.4.0