Re: PCGen 5.0.0 questions

  • merton_monk <merton_monk@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "telgarfr <sebastien.peslin@c...>"
      <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I am currently re-creating my characters for release 4.3.3. Using
      > r4.x .pcg leaves a few annoying glitches (like sword (long) that
      > could not be erased) and using r2.7.x .pcg is science fiction ;-)
      > However, PCGen is easy to use and re-creation can be fast.
      > The question is : will we have to do it again when release 5.0.0
      > the web ?
      > The second question is of course when should it be released ?
      > :-)
      > Thanks for your help as I want to tell my players to move to a
      > release of PCGen. But they are reluctant because they must re-
      > their characters (can't blame them) and I don't want the same
      > arising in a few weeks (?) if characters should be re-created for
      > r5.x.

      There shouldn't be any dramatic file changes before 5.0.0. Shortly
      after 5.0.0 is out we'll start experimenting with XML files. We'll
      still support lst files until the xml format is completely supported,
      and we're going to make sure converting user lst files to xml is as
      painless as possible.

      So for 5.0.0 you shouldn't need to recreate your characters if they
      work in 4.3.3.

      Benevolent Dictator of PCGen