RE: [pcgen] [FREQ] Equipping tab (I think it is Bass Ackwards)

  • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
      Dealt with off boards

      Karianna

      Moderator

      -----Original Message-----
      From: junkfilterus <milest@...> [mailto:milest@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, 4 March 2003 3:55 p.m.
      To: pcgen@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [pcgen] [FREQ] Equipping tab (I think it is Bass Ackwards)

      v4.3.3

      I can't stand it any more. I tried to get used to it, and can't. If
      I see Carried in the right pane with a little plus beside it, I
      expect to be able to click the plus and see everything I am
      carrying. So, when I click on it and see Backpack, I am happy. But
      then I click on the plus for that and see that I am carrying about
      400 bags of holding. Then I realize: when I clicked the plus beside
      carrying, I was actually expanding my backpack. And when I clicked
      the plus beside backpack, I was actually expanding my Bag of
      Holding. And those 400 bags of holding are actually just 400 things
      I have in my bag of holding. To me, this seems bass ackwards. I
      don't mind the location column being there. I just think that the
      plus and minus should be on the item that is the container, maybe
      with extra "Items" for things like carrying. Of course, if this is
      done, there really won't be a need for the location column, because
      you can just see which branch it is under.

      So, I would see just one instance of "Carrying" on the right. When I
      expand it, I would see everything I am carrying: a backpack, and
      maybe a rock or two. I would then be able to expand the backpack and
      see everything I have in it. This, to me, makes much more sense.

      (I am submitting two other [FREQ]s, and have a previous [BUG]
      submission regarding this tab.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
      61:HM/A=1464858/R=0/*http:/www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_Cquo_1/g22lp