Re: [CMP] Rough pricing ideas

  • dlm1065 <dlm1065@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 88 , Mar 1, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@h...> wrote:

      > No I menat thats not what I meant. Say he buys the everything
      bundle
      > for $90. Is he going to have to buy 2 bundles ($180) to use
      > everything under E-tools and pcgen or did $90 get him the right to
      > use the dataset under both?

      David First off thanks for the link I'd gone upthread but somehow
      I'd missed that post. much appreciated.

      Okay there's no way he'll shell out $180. He's probably going to
      drop pcgen or etools as a result. He's also the kind that will post
      a few scorchers when he finally gets his new comp set up.
      I'll hear it when I tell him too. <my aching ear>

      I think I can guess the route he'll go too. :( Support by open
      source or support he feels he's paid for. Is there ANY possibility
      if someone buys a pcgen or etool the bundle to get a discount on the
      same bundle under the other software?
      $90 +($90*discount) might actually go over but $90 + $90 is a no way
      in H... I'd think taking less and making a sale would beat sticking
      firm and not making the sale from CMP and WOTC point of view.
    • Thatcher <magus_knightcrawler@hotmail.co
      Message 88 of 88 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gjorbjond <crgriffin@a...>"
        <crgriffin@a...> wrote:
        > Just a suggestion, but my DMs pretty much have all of the source
        books
        > and allow you to pull from them, but they don't have any of the
        > modules, as they run their own home-brew campaigns. Therefore an
        > "Everything but the Modules" set would be ideal for me.
        >
        > Also, how will the stuff from WotC's web page be handled?
        >
        > How about 3.5e? I'm assuming that will be a seperate deal once it
        > comes out.

        As stated earlier. There will most likely be two SRD files. One for
        3.0 and one for 3.5 brcause not everyone is going to upgrade to 3.5.
        Also CMP should have the full datasets for 3.5 for sale.

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey