Re: [CMP] Rough pricing ideas

  • dlm1065 <dlm1065@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 88 , Mar 1, 2003
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk <merton_monk@y...>"
      <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Hines Jr." <rook-
      > yahoogroups@i...> wrote:
      > > If I buy the everything bundle, does that mean there will be
      > updates to
      > > the everything bundle ad infinitum? Are there going to be bundle
      > update
      > > costs as new materials are added?
      > >
      > > Just curious. Where can I send my 90 bucks?
      >
      > Good question - the Everything Bundle is Everything that's named
      in
      > the list. As new things are added that price would likely change,
      > but the idea of being able to get everything that's ever released
      > for a single upfront-price is appealing. That would simply be
      hard
      > to gauge a value for since we don't have any control over what
      > additional books Wotc puts out. Hmmm... we'll have to discuss
      this -
      > but we'd definitely want to give discounts or some other perk to
      > those who have purchased a bundle that gets an addition down the
      > road.
      >
      > These data sets will be made available at the CMP site as soon
      > they're ready. We're getting ourselves organized so hopefully we
      > should be able to give you a better idea of what will be available
      > when soon.
      >
      > Bryan McRoberts
      > Code Monkey Publishing, Co-Founder
      >

      > > Rob

      I noticed that the Core I was (pcgen only) does this mean if we buy
      the data set we get it for both pcgen and E-tools?? A friend uses
      both and he was wondering if he'd just wasted his money on E-tools
      if the sets work for both he'll be a happy camper he was always
      ticked not to have this book or that in his e-tools. He was also
      wondering about an addon to etool to allow him to load any pcgen set
      he wanted?
    • Thatcher <magus_knightcrawler@hotmail.co
      Message 88 of 88 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gjorbjond <crgriffin@a...>"
        <crgriffin@a...> wrote:
        > Just a suggestion, but my DMs pretty much have all of the source
        books
        > and allow you to pull from them, but they don't have any of the
        > modules, as they run their own home-brew campaigns. Therefore an
        > "Everything but the Modules" set would be ideal for me.
        >
        > Also, how will the stuff from WotC's web page be handled?
        >
        > How about 3.5e? I'm assuming that will be a seperate deal once it
        > comes out.

        As stated earlier. There will most likely be two SRD files. One for
        3.0 and one for 3.5 brcause not everyone is going to upgrade to 3.5.
        Also CMP should have the full datasets for 3.5 for sale.

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey