Re: [pcgen] Re: Fractional BAB/Saves

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
      >Interesting. Right now everything is done in terms of truncating
      >(losing all fractions). It actually wouldn't be that hard to turn
      >the truncating off, but it'd be turned off for everything (saves,
      >BAB, and anything else). Maybe we'd want to specify a precision as
      >well? You wouldn't want a BAB of 3.666666 displayed on your
      >character sheet if the truncating was turned off, would you? ;)
      >
      >Bryan McRoberts
      >Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

      NOOOOOOOO!!!! Please? That would really require a LOT of data changes.... And just for one alternate option?

      There is way to do what they want using DEFINEs and nice little formulas, as simple as *4, and later a /4.. Actually simple with a .MOD (a group I played with last month needed it, so I coded it up really quickly for them.)

      I explained it on one of the lists. IF it becomes a demand, I'll make up a document explaining how to do it, or get another LST Monkey to. :) For now, dig through the archives. I know I detailed it.....

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen BoD
      Data Silverback
    • Brian McDaniel <bmcdaniel@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2003
        Thanks Tir. I wasn't really aware of the separate .LST group (its
        been awhile for me). For those who are interested, here is the url:
        require a bit of work but I think it can be done.

        Bryan, the standard way to do it is to truncate AFTER you add up the
        BABs from the various classes. A sorceror/rogue/cleric would have a
        BAB of .75+.75+.75=2.25, round down to 2. Conversely, (assuming that
        the sorceror was the first level taken) he would have a will save of
        2.5 [sorc] + .333 [rogue] + .5 [cleric] = 3.333, round down to 3; and
        a reflex save of .333 [sorc] + .5 [rogue] + .333 [cleric] = 1.666,
        round down to 1. (Note that you only get the +2 to your good saves on
        your first overall class level, much like you only get max hp on your
        first overall class level).

        I think this is actually a fairly common option, but I have no idea
        how hard it would be to implement as a standard option.

        -Brian

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>