RE: [pcgen] Re: [CMP] Rough pricing ideas

  • Mynex
    Message 1 of 88 , Mar 1, 2003
      Well, We came up with the best possible prices we could, bear in mind,
      we do have operating expenses to cover, as well as paying people for
      their time and effort in making the data sets, by offering too much of a
      discount we start going into negative numbers and that would shut us
      down before we really got going.

      That said, we're still not set in stone on the prices, so it may change
      yet, we'll see.

      W. Robert Reed III
      Mynex
      - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
      - #1 Evil Monkey

    • Thatcher <magus_knightcrawler@hotmail.co
      Message 88 of 88 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gjorbjond <crgriffin@a...>"
        <crgriffin@a...> wrote:
        > Just a suggestion, but my DMs pretty much have all of the source
        books
        > and allow you to pull from them, but they don't have any of the
        > modules, as they run their own home-brew campaigns. Therefore an
        > "Everything but the Modules" set would be ideal for me.
        >
        > Also, how will the stuff from WotC's web page be handled?
        >
        > How about 3.5e? I'm assuming that will be a seperate deal once it
        > comes out.

        As stated earlier. There will most likely be two SRD files. One for
        3.0 and one for 3.5 brcause not everyone is going to upgrade to 3.5.
        Also CMP should have the full datasets for 3.5 for sale.

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey