Re: [CMP] Rough pricing ideas

  • Harry <falkor@spamcop.net>
    Message 1 of 88 , Mar 1, 2003
      Regarding pricing of the data files...

      What about simply making the data file to be a rounded-down20% of what the printed materials cost? This way, CMP is pretty much relieved of setting individual prices and people cannot bitch and moan about the cost of such things as WotC set the original prices to begin with. A $20 book (like PHB) would be $4, the $27 PsiHB would be $5 (rounded down from $5.40), and (bear with me) the d20 Cthulhu book at $40 would be $8.

      Two coppers from the peanut gallery!

      -h
    • Thatcher <magus_knightcrawler@hotmail.co
      Message 88 of 88 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gjorbjond <crgriffin@a...>"
        <crgriffin@a...> wrote:
        > Just a suggestion, but my DMs pretty much have all of the source
        books
        > and allow you to pull from them, but they don't have any of the
        > modules, as they run their own home-brew campaigns. Therefore an
        > "Everything but the Modules" set would be ideal for me.
        >
        > Also, how will the stuff from WotC's web page be handled?
        >
        > How about 3.5e? I'm assuming that will be a seperate deal once it
        > comes out.

        As stated earlier. There will most likely be two SRD files. One for
        3.0 and one for 3.5 brcause not everyone is going to upgrade to 3.5.
        Also CMP should have the full datasets for 3.5 for sale.

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey