RE: [pcgen] Re: [CMP] Rough pricing ideas

  • Mynex
    Message 1 of 88 , Mar 1, 2003
      Brad,

      What's contained in the PCGen files now, is _not_ the PHB...
      it's parts of it that were released into the SRD (System Reference
      Document) that Wizards made available to all publishers for use in
      creating d20 gaming material.

      Things that were left out of the PHB are proper names of items &
      Spells, descriptions, and other minor things. But proper names and
      descriptions are a _big_ deal if you don't have the book handy.

      Hope that helps

      W. Robert Reed III
      Mynex
      - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
      - #1 Evil Monkey

    • Thatcher <magus_knightcrawler@hotmail.co
      Message 88 of 88 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gjorbjond <crgriffin@a...>"
        <crgriffin@a...> wrote:
        > Just a suggestion, but my DMs pretty much have all of the source
        books
        > and allow you to pull from them, but they don't have any of the
        > modules, as they run their own home-brew campaigns. Therefore an
        > "Everything but the Modules" set would be ideal for me.
        >
        > Also, how will the stuff from WotC's web page be handled?
        >
        > How about 3.5e? I'm assuming that will be a seperate deal once it
        > comes out.

        As stated earlier. There will most likely be two SRD files. One for
        3.0 and one for 3.5 brcause not everyone is going to upgrade to 3.5.
        Also CMP should have the full datasets for 3.5 for sale.

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey