RE: [pcgen] [CMP] Rough pricing ideas

  • Mynex
    Message 1 of 88 , Mar 1, 2003
      Okay, lots o questions here... All the data sets we release, since we
      have license rights from WotC _will_ have as much information as we can
      pack into PCGen/e-Tools formats. The amounts decided were based on 2
      things, amount of info we could cram in (work entailed) and the book
      street price. It may seem a bit odd to calculate with the book street
      price, but it was a good guideline in general.

      New books I covered in a previous reply.

      Pre-ordering bundles by quarter/bi-annually/yearly? Hrmm... we'll have
      to think about that one, off the cuff I don't think that would happen,
      but we can look into it, we have to get things rolling first! :)

      W. Robert Reed III
      Mynex
      - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
      - #1 Evil Monkey

      CMP.

    • Thatcher <magus_knightcrawler@hotmail.co
      Message 88 of 88 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gjorbjond <crgriffin@a...>"
        <crgriffin@a...> wrote:
        > Just a suggestion, but my DMs pretty much have all of the source
        books
        > and allow you to pull from them, but they don't have any of the
        > modules, as they run their own home-brew campaigns. Therefore an
        > "Everything but the Modules" set would be ideal for me.
        >
        > Also, how will the stuff from WotC's web page be handled?
        >
        > How about 3.5e? I'm assuming that will be a seperate deal once it
        > comes out.

        As stated earlier. There will most likely be two SRD files. One for
        3.0 and one for 3.5 brcause not everyone is going to upgrade to 3.5.
        Also CMP should have the full datasets for 3.5 for sale.

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey