Re: [pcgen] [CMP] Rough pricing ideas

  • John Sussenberger
    Message 1 of 88 , Mar 1, 2003
      These are some good numbers, but why is the Manual of the Planes 5 bucks. There are only a couple of prestige classes and spells in that book (if you are going to support the creation of planes or something else), I cna understand the price.
      Also are these going to include more detail than normal PCGen files.
      The MotP price is REALLY not an issue, at this point, but I thought I would mention it. To me the price is based on how much PI in released plus the amount of coding that is required for both PCGen and the LST file.
      How are you going to handle new books (I assume we will have to pay for those as they come out). Are you considering a yearly bundle (update 2004, etc). Maybe even paid ahead of time. So tomorrow, I could buy a full set of D&D (the Full Monte or whatever you want to call it). In two months, I could pay for the LST files for the 1st half of 2004 in a bundle, before the books are released). This way, I know that I am covered in the future. This also puts more money into the hands of CMP.
      Overall this looks VERY reasonable (as I will not have to code anything).
      Mynex <mynex@...> wrote:Okay, we've got some rough ideas here people. time for some feedback.
      look it over, tell us what you think (also going to be posted on our
      boards)

      This was posted here so that you guys would have feedback as well, not
      as an advertisement.

      W. Robert Reed III
      Mynex
      - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
      - #1 Evil Monkey

      Pricing Schema - rough ideas

      Individual book prices.

      Product Name
      Source Type
      Charge

      Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
      Campaign Setting
      $5.00

      Oriental Adventures
      Campaign Setting
      $5.00

      Dungeon Masters Guide
      Core Rulebook
      $2.50

      Epic Level Handbook
      Core Rulebook
      $5.00

      Monster Manual
      Core Rulebook
      $2.50

      Monster Manual II
      Core Rulebook
      $5.00

      Players Handbook
      Core Rulebook
      $2.50

      Psionics Handbook
      Core Rulebook
      $5.00

      Attack on Myth Drannor
      Module
      $1.50

      Bastion of Broken Souls
      Module
      $1.50

      City of the Spider Queen
      Module
      $1.50

      Deep Horizon
      Module
      $1.50

      Forge of Fury
      Module
      $1.50

      Heart of Nightfang Spire
      Module
      $1.50

      Into the Dragon's Lair
      Module
      $1.50

      Lord of the Iron Fortress
      Module
      $1.50

      Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
      Module
      $1.50

      Sunless Citadel
      Module
      $1.50

      The Speaker in Dreams
      Module
      $1.50

      The Standing Stone
      Module
      $1.50

      Book of Vile Darkness
      Source Book
      $5.00

      Deities & Demigods
      Source Book
      $5.00

      Manual of the Planes
      Source Book
      $5.00

      Monster of Faerun
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Silver Marches
      Source Book
      $2.50

      Faiths & Pantheons
      Source Book
      $5.00

      Savage Species
      Source Book
      $5.00

      Book of Challenges
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Defenders of the Faith
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Enemies & Allies
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Living Greyhawk Gazetteer
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Lords of Darkness
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Magic of Faerun
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Master of the Wild
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Song and Silence
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Stronghold Builders Guidebook
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Sword and Fist
      Supplement
      $2.50

      Tome and Blood
      Supplement
      $2.50

      WotC data sets will be maintained at no additional cost for as long as
      CMP is in business. (this does not cover non officially released data
      sets - we're still working on a proper definition for this, but it gives
      you an idea of what we're looking at doing)

      Bundle Sets

      Splat Books Set
      DotF
      S&S
      S&F
      T&B
      MotW
      Individual Total: 12.50
      Bundle Total: 9.00

      Core Set I (PCGen format only)
      DMG
      MM
      PHb
      Individual Total: 7.50
      Bundle Total: 5.00

      Core Set II
      MM II
      ELH
      SavSpec
      PsiHb
      Individual Total: 20.00
      Bundle Total: 16.00

      Core Set III
      De&De
      MotP
      BoVD
      Individual Total: 15.00
      Bundle Total: 12.00

      Module Set I
      Bastion of Broken Souls
      Forge of Fury
      Speaker in Dream
      Lord of the Iron Fortress
      Standing Stone
      Sunless Citadel
      Heart of Nightfang Spire
      Deep Horizon
      Individual Total: 12.00
      Bundle Total: 10.00

      Supplement Pack I
      Stronghold Builders Guide
      Enemies & Allies
      Book of Challenges
      Individual Total: 7.50
      Bundle Total: 6.00

      Players Pack
      Splat book Set
      SavSpec
      ELH
      PsiHB
      Individual Total: 24.00
      Bundle Total: 20.00

      GM Pack I
      Supplement Pack I
      Core Set II
      Core Set III
      Module Set I
      Individual Total: 42.00
      Bundle Total: 37.00

      GM Pack I (PCGen)
      Supplement Pack I
      Core Set I
      Core Set II
      Core Set III
      Module Set I
      Individual Total: 46.00
      Bundle Total: 41.00

      Forgotten Realms Pack I
      FRCS
      Faith&Panth
      MonstersoF
      MagicoF
      Silver MArches
      Individual Total: 17.50
      Bundle Total: 14.00

      Forgotten Realms Module Set I
      Into the Dragons Lair
      City of the Spider Queen
      Attack on Myth Drannor
      Individual Total: 4.50
      Bundle Total: 3.50

      Forgotten Realms Master Pack I
      Forgotten Realms Pack I
      Forgotten Realms Module Set I
      Individual Total: 20.50
      Bundle Total: 17.50

      Master Pack I
      GM Pack I
      Players Pack I
      Forgotten Realms Master Pack I
      Individual Total: 75.50
      Bundle Total: 65.00

      Master Pack I (PCGen)
      GM Pack I (PCGen)
      Players Pack I
      Forgotten Realms Master Pack I
      Individual Total: 78.50
      Bundle Total: 68.00

      Everything Set
      Individual Total: 109.00
      Bundle Total: 90.00

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Message 88 of 88 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gjorbjond <crgriffin@a...>"
        <crgriffin@a...> wrote:
        > Just a suggestion, but my DMs pretty much have all of the source
        books
        > and allow you to pull from them, but they don't have any of the
        > modules, as they run their own home-brew campaigns. Therefore an
        > "Everything but the Modules" set would be ideal for me.
        >
        > Also, how will the stuff from WotC's web page be handled?
        >
        > How about 3.5e? I'm assuming that will be a seperate deal once it
        > comes out.

        As stated earlier. There will most likely be two SRD files. One for
        3.0 and one for 3.5 brcause not everyone is going to upgrade to 3.5.
        Also CMP should have the full datasets for 3.5 for sale.

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey