Re: [pcgen] Fractional BAB/Saves

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
      Begin automated response.........

      Karianna has asked that all LST questions go to PCGenListFileHelp
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/
      to help reduce the noise ratio here on the main list.

      Thanks.

      End automated response.............

      Plus, I know I answered that question within the last month....

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen BoD
      Data Silverback
    • merton_monk <merton_monk@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King <kingpaul@e...>"

        http://www.seankreynolds.com/rpgfiles/misc/fractionalspellcasting_adv
        .
        > html )

        Interesting. Right now everything is done in terms of truncating
        (losing all fractions). It actually wouldn't be that hard to turn
        the truncating off, but it'd be turned off for everything (saves,
        BAB, and anything else). Maybe we'd want to specify a precision as
        well? You wouldn't want a BAB of 3.666666 displayed on your
        character sheet if the truncating was turned off, would you? ;)

        Bryan McRoberts
        Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

        > Paul W. King
        > OGL Gibbon
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
          >Interesting. Right now everything is done in terms of truncating
          >(losing all fractions). It actually wouldn't be that hard to turn
          >the truncating off, but it'd be turned off for everything (saves,
          >BAB, and anything else). Maybe we'd want to specify a precision as
          >well? You wouldn't want a BAB of 3.666666 displayed on your
          >character sheet if the truncating was turned off, would you? ;)
          >
          >Bryan McRoberts
          >Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

          NOOOOOOOO!!!! Please? That would really require a LOT of data changes.... And just for one alternate option?

          There is way to do what they want using DEFINEs and nice little formulas, as simple as *4, and later a /4.. Actually simple with a .MOD (a group I played with last month needed it, so I coded it up really quickly for them.)

          I explained it on one of the lists. IF it becomes a demand, I'll make up a document explaining how to do it, or get another LST Monkey to. :) For now, dig through the archives. I know I detailed it.....

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen BoD
          Data Silverback
        • Brian McDaniel <bmcdaniel@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2003
            Thanks Tir. I wasn't really aware of the separate .LST group (its
            been awhile for me). For those who are interested, here is the url:
            require a bit of work but I think it can be done.

            Bryan, the standard way to do it is to truncate AFTER you add up the
            BABs from the various classes. A sorceror/rogue/cleric would have a
            BAB of .75+.75+.75=2.25, round down to 2. Conversely, (assuming that
            the sorceror was the first level taken) he would have a will save of
            2.5 [sorc] + .333 [rogue] + .5 [cleric] = 3.333, round down to 3; and
            a reflex save of .333 [sorc] + .5 [rogue] + .333 [cleric] = 1.666,
            round down to 1. (Note that you only get the +2 to your good saves on
            your first overall class level, much like you only get max hp on your
            first overall class level).

            I think this is actually a fairly common option, but I have no idea
            how hard it would be to implement as a standard option.

            -Brian

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>