Re: [CMP] Rough pricing ideas

  • Paul W. King <kingpaul@erie.net>
    Message 1 of 88 , Mar 1, 2003
      > WotC data sets will be maintained at no additional cost for as long
      > as CMP is in business. (this does not cover non officially
      > released data sets - we're still working on a proper definition for
      > this, but it gives you an idea of what we're looking at doing)

      Does this mean that the subscription model is no longer? If so,
      that's great!

      Further, I understand that you won't be releasing everything at once
      (how dare you! :p ). Now, say I want the entire splat book bundle (I
      do, in fact, want this bundle). Will I be given the rest of the
      bundle after I hit the bundle price on the individual books, or do I
      have to buy the bundle up front? I'm not wishing you guys ill, but
      (speaking as the Devil's Advocate) you might not be in business to
      get everything out, so purchasing the bundle up front might not get
      us all the material we purchased.

      Paul W. King
      OGL Gibbon
    • Thatcher <magus_knightcrawler@hotmail.co
      Message 88 of 88 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gjorbjond <crgriffin@a...>"
        <crgriffin@a...> wrote:
        > Just a suggestion, but my DMs pretty much have all of the source
        books
        > and allow you to pull from them, but they don't have any of the
        > modules, as they run their own home-brew campaigns. Therefore an
        > "Everything but the Modules" set would be ideal for me.
        >
        > Also, how will the stuff from WotC's web page be handled?
        >
        > How about 3.5e? I'm assuming that will be a seperate deal once it
        > comes out.

        As stated earlier. There will most likely be two SRD files. One for
        3.0 and one for 3.5 brcause not everyone is going to upgrade to 3.5.
        Also CMP should have the full datasets for 3.5 for sale.

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey