Re: [pcgen] [CMP] Rough pricing ideas

  • Anestis Kozakis
    Message 1 of 88 , Mar 1, 2003
      I'm gonna snip lots to make my comments :

      >Okay, we've got some rough ideas here people. time for some feedback.
      >look it over, tell us what you think (also going to be posted on our
      >boards)
      >
      >This was posted here so that you guys would have feedback as well, not
      >as an advertisement.
      >
      >W. Robert Reed III
      >Mynex
      >- Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder
      >- #1 Evil Monkey
      >
      >Pricing Schema - rough ideas
      >
      >Individual book prices.
      >
      >Product Name
      >Source Type
      >Charge

      [snip]

      >Monster Manual
      >Core Rulebook
      >$2.50
      >
      >Monster Manual II
      >Core Rulebook
      >$5.00

      Why the $2.50 difference between MM 1 and MM2?

      >Players Handbook
      >Core Rulebook
      >$2.50
      >
      >Psionics Handbook
      >Core Rulebook
      >$5.00

      Why is PsiHanbook dearer than the PHB, even though it's smaller?

      Are the differences in price sue to the extra coding requirements needed?

      [snip]

      >WotC data sets will be maintained at no additional cost for as long as
      >CMP is in business. (this does not cover non officially released data
      >sets - we're still working on a proper definition for this, but it gives
      >you an idea of what we're looking at doing)

      This is good to know.

      The Bundle Packs look good.

      Anestis.
      --
      kenosti@...
      "No brilliance is needed in the law. Nothing but common sense,
      Message 88 of 88 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "gjorbjond <crgriffin@a...>"
        <crgriffin@a...> wrote:
        > Just a suggestion, but my DMs pretty much have all of the source
        books
        > and allow you to pull from them, but they don't have any of the
        > modules, as they run their own home-brew campaigns. Therefore an
        > "Everything but the Modules" set would be ideal for me.
        >
        > Also, how will the stuff from WotC's web page be handled?
        >
        > How about 3.5e? I'm assuming that will be a seperate deal once it
        > comes out.

        As stated earlier. There will most likely be two SRD files. One for
        3.0 and one for 3.5 brcause not everyone is going to upgrade to 3.5.
        Also CMP should have the full datasets for 3.5 for sale.

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey