Re: [pcgen] ATTN: From the MODERATOR

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 28, 2003
      At 21:20 2003.02.28, karianna03 <MartijnV@...> wrote:
      >4.) We _WILL_ contnue business as usual from this point onwards.

      You mean it's beating on bd season again?

      :-)

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Thatcher <magus_knightcrawler@hotmail.co
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 28, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
        > At 21:20 2003.02.28, karianna03 <MartijnV@d...> wrote:
        > >4.) We _WILL_ contnue business as usual from this point onwards.
        >
        > You mean it's beating on bd season again?
        >
        > :-)

        > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        > >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
        > >> Camels to can climb trees (and sometime eat them)
        > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>

        Ah that explains why he seems to have disappeared. Oh bd where are
        you? We have something to show you........Hehehe

        Knightcrawler
        LST Howler Monkey
      • karianna03 <MartijnV@datacom.co.nz>
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2, 2003
          Children.

          I'm away sleeping in my timezone for what 8 hours? And I come in to
          see my mailbox full of very unproductive posts on this board. Time
          to make a few things clear 8-).

          1.) This is the _last_ time individuals will get away with stirring
          things up. I was going to block _all_ of you who posted against the
          board rules, however there were so many of you in the last 8 hours
          that it'll take me too long to do.

          Next time I'll _happily_ spend the time to log you and remove you.
          For those long time board members, you know far far better.

          2.) I and my fellow Moderators set the rules for how these boards
          should work, if you want to make suggestions, mail me. Please do not
          tell the board how it should work unless you are in an official
          capacity.

          3.) Report Trollers and Flamers to the Moderators, do _not_ respond
          to them, you only get the same mess we just had again.

          I'm _not_ kidding people, I think we've all benefited from a soft-
          pawed approach in the past, but if people continue to ignore that
          privilege, then the Adamantiumn Fists of Moderation will come out.

          A "Very disappointed"
          Karianna
          Moderator
        • karianna03 <MartijnV@datacom.co.nz>

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 27, 2003
              Hi all,

              Today's post is about virus's. I've had a number of users
              complaining that viruses are hitting them from Y! accounts, so just a
              friendly reminder to check your machine and your mail with the latest
              software. Helps you, helps the community!

              Karianna
              Moderator
            • karianna03
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                My children,

                <smiles evilly>.............

                I've only just gotten up @ my end of the world and what do I see?
                over 100+ angry little posts, how exciting <yawns widely>. Maybe I
                should give out my phone number to a few people so I can step in a
                little earlier, hmmmmmm.

                Anyhow, to those who are continuing the tired old discussions, no
                more, both sides STOP <cracks adamantium paws, pulls out whip,
                summons ninja monkeys, damn being a demi goddess is cool>. You've
                all had your say over a hundred times and the other 3500 users are
                getting understandably a little sick of it.

                If you don't stop the Ninja Monkeys will come and kick ya out with my
                full blessing (and whip if necessary).

                Abusing my privilege? Probably yes.
                Getting this board back to business? DEFINATELY.

                Karianna
                Moderator
                Keepr of the Jar of Souls
                Head of the Inquisitor Cult
                TM SB
                Too many other minor monkey ranks to count.

                PS: Very saddened @ naughty little monkeys who would _try_ to
                destroy this dream.
              • Martin Brabander
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <MartijnV@d...> wrote:
                  > My children,
                  >
                  > <smiles evilly>.............
                  >
                  > I've only just gotten up @ my end of the world and what do I see?
                  > over 100+ angry little posts, how exciting <yawns widely>. Maybe I
                  > should give out my phone number to a few people so I can step in a
                  > little earlier, hmmmmmm.

                  Well I've been up for hours reading it in Wellington...You shouldn't
                  stay in bed so long :)

                  > Anyhow, to those who are continuing the tired old discussions, no
                  > more, both sides STOP <cracks adamantium paws, pulls out whip,
                  > summons ninja monkeys, damn being a demi goddess is cool>. You've
                  > all had your say over a hundred times and the other 3500 users are
                  > getting understandably a little sick of it.

                  As an interested bystander with feet in neither camp, I'm not sure
                  closing the discussion at this stage is necessarily helpful.

                  It appears that over some time, opinion on direction has diverged
                  between some key individuals, and the communication has not been
                  happening to resolve this divergence.

                  Now the divergence has come to a head, and the torrent is pouring
                  forth like the opening of the flood gates at Huka Falls. (There's a
                  nice geographic reference for everyone to go scouring the internet
                  for) After a while the water calms, as the gates are returned to
                  place, but the next time the gates are opened, the power and
                  devastation of the water returns. Perhaps it is better to let the
                  flow find its natural equalibrium. (I should play Druids more often)

                  Martin
                • Ian Dale
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <MartijnV@d...> wrote:
                    > My children,
                    >
                    > <smiles evilly>.............
                    >
                    > I've only just gotten up @ my end of the world and what do I see?
                    > over 100+ angry little posts, how exciting <yawns widely>. Maybe I
                    > should give out my phone number to a few people so I can step in a
                    > little earlier, hmmmmmm.

                    Eventually you'll get to the "better" posts. At least some of them got
                    better. The others burst a blood vessel and are recovering in the
                    hospital. ;)

                    > If you don't stop the Ninja Monkeys will come and kick ya out with my
                    > full blessing (and whip if necessary).

                    <whispers>I KNEW they were out there.....</whispers> *worried look*

                    > Abusing my privilege? Probably yes.

                    Bah, exploding email inbox isn't fun. :P Beside, what's a mod to do
                    but douse the flamewars when they erupt? :)

                    -Ian
                    Watching out for the Ninja Monkeys....
                  • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                      <cough>

                      Monkeys 'discussing' OGL stuff, the ninja monkeys are straining at their
                      leashes and its getting hard to hold them back....

                      Karianna
                      Moderator

                      PS: For everyone else, the BoD and LMC groups are now happily talking to
                      eachother on how to resolve this all, so please no more panic. Thnx.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <MartijnV@d...> wrote:
                        > <cracks adamantium paws, pulls out whip,
                        > summons ninja monkeys, damn being a demi goddess is cool>. You've
                        > Karianna

                        <cracks adamantium paws, pulls out whip, summons ninja monkeys, damn
                        being a "HOT" demi goddess is cool>

                        See isn't that better :P

                        Paul "Yes, that Paul. The one that knows how to suck up good" Grosse
                        PCGen OGL Chimp & LST Monkey-in-training
                      • R B
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                          Hmm, she sounds interesting. Might be worth keeping around after all.;)

                          karianna03 <MartijnV@...> wrote:My children,

[...]

                          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                          PCGen's FAQ:

                        • karianna03
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 19, 2003
                            Hi all,

                            In case you were wondering, I'm letting the current posts flow on
                            through as I've been asked to by the BoD 8-).

                            Things seem a little more calm and well behaved of late as well,
                            please try to keep it that way.

                            Please mail me for any special requests to delete any posts that you
                            think are really out of hand, and I will consider it (note the BoD
                            has the right to veto my decision, see outr bylaws).

                            Moderator
                          • Jayme Cox
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 19, 2003
                              > In case you were wondering, I'm letting the current posts flow on
                              > through as I've been asked to by the BoD 8-).

                              I just can't help myself:

                              Whenever I see the acronym BoD I always think Book of Darkness.

                              That's what I get for reading the Book of Vile Darkness :-)
                            • karianna03
                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 19, 2003
                                Hi all,

                                Some member's posting privilages were accidentally set to off,
                                they're now back on, so if you were having trouble posting , please
                                try again 8-)

                                Moderator