ATTN: From the MODERATOR

  • karianna03 <MartijnV@datacom.co.nz>
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 28, 2003
      Hi all,

      OK, I think everyone has had their say on the events of the last 2-3
      days. Valid points have been raised by the community which will be
      raised @ the next BoD Meeting. To summarise:

      1.) The BoD will make annotated minutes available to the public.
      2.) The community wishes Mynex to stay on the BoD.
      3.) The positions of who is on the BoD and who is related to CMP and
      how has been clarified.
      4.) We _WILL_ contnue business as usual from this point onwards.

      Please refer to the rules posted in the State of PCGEN file dfor
      posting on this board.

      I now consider the discussions of the last 2-3 days _over_ 8-).

      Thanks to all of the reasonable posts that people made!

      Karianna
      Moderator
    • Eric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 28, 2003
        At 21:20 2003.02.28, karianna03 <MartijnV@...> wrote:
        >4.) We _WILL_ contnue business as usual from this point onwards.

        You mean it's beating on bd season again?

        :-)

        Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • Thatcher <magus_knightcrawler@hotmail.co
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 28, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
          > At 21:20 2003.02.28, karianna03 <MartijnV@d...> wrote:
          > >4.) We _WILL_ contnue business as usual from this point onwards.
          >
          > You mean it's beating on bd season again?
          >
          > :-)

          > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
          > >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
          > >> Camels to can climb trees (and sometime eat them)
          > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>

          Ah that explains why he seems to have disappeared. Oh bd where are
          you? We have something to show you........Hehehe

          Knightcrawler
          LST Howler Monkey
        • karianna03 <MartijnV@datacom.co.nz>
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 2, 2003
            Children.

            I'm away sleeping in my timezone for what 8 hours? And I come in to
            see my mailbox full of very unproductive posts on this board. Time
            to make a few things clear 8-).

            1.) This is the _last_ time individuals will get away with stirring
            things up. I was going to block _all_ of you who posted against the
            board rules, however there were so many of you in the last 8 hours
            that it'll take me too long to do.

            Next time I'll _happily_ spend the time to log you and remove you.
            For those long time board members, you know far far better.

            2.) I and my fellow Moderators set the rules for how these boards
            should work, if you want to make suggestions, mail me. Please do not
            tell the board how it should work unless you are in an official
            capacity.

            3.) Report Trollers and Flamers to the Moderators, do _not_ respond
            to them, you only get the same mess we just had again.

            I'm _not_ kidding people, I think we've all benefited from a soft-
            pawed approach in the past, but if people continue to ignore that
            privilege, then the Adamantiumn Fists of Moderation will come out.

            A "Very disappointed"

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 27, 2003
                Hi all,

                Today's post is about virus's. I've had a number of users
                complaining that viruses are hitting them from Y! accounts, so just a
                friendly reminder to check your machine and your mail with the latest
                software. Helps you, helps the community!

                Karianna
                Moderator
              • karianna03
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                  My children,

                  <smiles evilly>.............

                  I've only just gotten up @ my end of the world and what do I see?
                  over 100+ angry little posts, how exciting <yawns widely>. Maybe I
                  should give out my phone number to a few people so I can step in a
                  little earlier, hmmmmmm.

                  Anyhow, to those who are continuing the tired old discussions, no
                  more, both sides STOP <cracks adamantium paws, pulls out whip,
                  summons ninja monkeys, damn being a demi goddess is cool>. You've
                  all had your say over a hundred times and the other 3500 users are
                  getting understandably a little sick of it.

                  If you don't stop the Ninja Monkeys will come and kick ya out with my
                  full blessing (and whip if necessary).

                  Abusing my privilege? Probably yes.
                  Getting this board back to business? DEFINATELY.

                  Karianna
                  Moderator
                  Keepr of the Jar of Souls
                  Head of the Inquisitor Cult
                  TM SB
                  Too many other minor monkey ranks to count.

                  PS: Very saddened @ naughty little monkeys who would _try_ to
                  destroy this dream.
                • Martin Brabander
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <MartijnV@d...> wrote:
                    > My children,
                    >
                    > <smiles evilly>.............
                    >
                    > I've only just gotten up @ my end of the world and what do I see?
                    > over 100+ angry little posts, how exciting <yawns widely>. Maybe I
                    > should give out my phone number to a few people so I can step in a
                    > little earlier, hmmmmmm.

                    Well I've been up for hours reading it in Wellington...You shouldn't
                    stay in bed so long :)

                    > Anyhow, to those who are continuing the tired old discussions, no
                    > more, both sides STOP <cracks adamantium paws, pulls out whip,
                    > summons ninja monkeys, damn being a demi goddess is cool>. You've
                    > all had your say over a hundred times and the other 3500 users are
                    > getting understandably a little sick of it.

                    As an interested bystander with feet in neither camp, I'm not sure
                    closing the discussion at this stage is necessarily helpful.

                    It appears that over some time, opinion on direction has diverged
                    between some key individuals, and the communication has not been
                    happening to resolve this divergence.

                    Now the divergence has come to a head, and the torrent is pouring
                    forth like the opening of the flood gates at Huka Falls. (There's a
                    nice geographic reference for everyone to go scouring the internet
                    for) After a while the water calms, as the gates are returned to
                    place, but the next time the gates are opened, the power and
                    devastation of the water returns. Perhaps it is better to let the
                    flow find its natural equalibrium. (I should play Druids more often)

                    Martin
                  • Ian Dale
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <MartijnV@d...> wrote:
                      > My children,
                      >
                      > <smiles evilly>.............
                      >
                      > I've only just gotten up @ my end of the world and what do I see?
                      > over 100+ angry little posts, how exciting <yawns widely>. Maybe I
                      > should give out my phone number to a few people so I can step in a
                      > little earlier, hmmmmmm.

                      Eventually you'll get to the "better" posts. At least some of them got
                      better. The others burst a blood vessel and are recovering in the
                      hospital. ;)

                      > If you don't stop the Ninja Monkeys will come and kick ya out with my
                      > full blessing (and whip if necessary).

                      <whispers>I KNEW they were out there.....</whispers> *worried look*

                      > Abusing my privilege? Probably yes.

                      Bah, exploding email inbox isn't fun. :P Beside, what's a mod to do
                      but douse the flamewars when they erupt? :)

                      -Ian
                      Watching out for the Ninja Monkeys....
                    • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                        <cough>

                        Monkeys 'discussing' OGL stuff, the ninja monkeys are straining at their
                        leashes and its getting hard to hold them back....

                        Karianna
                        Moderator

                        PS: For everyone else, the BoD and LMC groups are now happily talking to
                        eachother on how to resolve this all, so please no more panic. Thnx.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <MartijnV@d...> wrote:
                          > <cracks adamantium paws, pulls out whip,
                          > summons ninja monkeys, damn being a demi goddess is cool>. You've
                          > Karianna

                          <cracks adamantium paws, pulls out whip, summons ninja monkeys, damn
                          being a "HOT" demi goddess is cool>

                          See isn't that better :P

                          Paul "Yes, that Paul. The one that knows how to suck up good" Grosse
                          PCGen OGL Chimp & LST Monkey-in-training
                        • R B
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 18, 2003
                            Hmm, she sounds interesting. Might be worth keeping around after all.;)

                            karianna03 <MartijnV@...> wrote:My children,

[...]

                            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                            PCGen's FAQ:

                          • karianna03
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 19, 2003
                              Hi all,

                              In case you were wondering, I'm letting the current posts flow on
                              through as I've been asked to by the BoD 8-).

                              Things seem a little more calm and well behaved of late as well,
                              please try to keep it that way.

                              Please mail me for any special requests to delete any posts that you
                              think are really out of hand, and I will consider it (note the BoD
                              has the right to veto my decision, see outr bylaws).

                              Moderator
                            • Jayme Cox
                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 19, 2003
                                > In case you were wondering, I'm letting the current posts flow on
                                > through as I've been asked to by the BoD 8-).

                                I just can't help myself:

                                Whenever I see the acronym BoD I always think Book of Darkness.

                                That's what I get for reading the Book of Vile Darkness :-)
                              • karianna03
                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 19, 2003
                                  Hi all,

                                  Some member's posting privilages were accidentally set to off,
                                  they're now back on, so if you were having trouble posting , please
                                  try again 8-)

                                  Moderator