[FREQ] Equipping and Quantities

  • Dekker <dekker500@vif.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2003
      Using PCGen 4.3.2

      Two issues....

      FIRST:
      ======
      When equipping, PCGen currently does not control the Qty that
      you 'equip'. By that I mean that if you have one dagger, you can set
      your sheet to "carry" 5 daggers.

      If you have two pouches and 50 coins, you can make your character
      appear to have 10,000 coins (with a bit of creative equipping).

      I understand that this "feature" is really to allow ammunition to be
      assigned to both a location and a particular weapon. Can this
      feature be modified to have weapons that take ammunition have that
      ammunition only LISTED and not have a particular quantity associated
      with it?

      For example, if I have a crossbow and regular bolts and bolts +1, I
      would like it to only allow Crossbow to to have both bolt types but
      with no quantity. Then the bolts still have to be stored in a
      backpack or quiver or wherever.

      SECOND:
      =======
      This flows directly from the comments above...

      Items in the left-pane of the equipping screen should have a Qty-
      Assigned column. So if there are 50 coins and 20 of them have been
      put in a pouch, it should only allow me to assign 30 of them to
      another sack.

      Also, can we change default behaviour to have a double-click in the
      left-window of the equipping tab to automatically add ALL of that
      particular item instead of one? It is annoying having to add 25
      arrows or coins, or likewise always right-clicking, add-n-items, and
      checking how many items I actually have.

      Since 4.3, this functionality has been, in my view, broken. I see
      the direction that the designers are taking, and I think it has
      merit, but I think that some attention to usability details has to
      take place. The act of equipping a character properly has become
      much harder, and some things need to be looked at to re-simplify the
      process and remove the possibility of human error.

      Yes, I know that there can be more than one equipment set. But
      something very similar already exists with spell. When you change
      spellbooks, your list of available spells changes to suit it.

      Dekker500