Re: [pcgen] FREQ Question

  • Vance
    Message 1 of 72 , Feb 26 10:29 AM
      From past posts on this topic:

      Yes, it is OK to ask help on making list files. Describe the effect wanted.

      No, you shouldn't mention the non-approved book, splat, supplement. You can
      make the feature request as specific as possible without mentioning the
      source, prestige calss name, etc.

      VR

      > OK, I have a question. Can I ask for a feature request if it's
      > obviously to input WotC products (for my own personal use)? If so,
      > can I mention the product's name? Or do I just have to try and make
      > the feature request vague?
    • Dominic Amann
      Message 72 of 72 , Mar 2, 2003
        John Rudd wrote:
        <snip of much inflamed and unpleasant sarcasm>

        John, I did not appreciate the bitter tone of your e-mail. It is minus
        30 celcius outside here right now, and I prefer to be in possession of
        my skin. I was not saying that Mynex should quit. I was not saying that
        CMP had no right to be involved in PCGen. I did not even imagine that
        the sky was falling.

        I expect that this will all be fine in the end, providing that people
        such as yourself are not involved in PR. I was not talking in any
        absolutes whatsoever. Please do yourself a favour, and read the squiggly
        bits on the plain background. The stuff in between the lines only exists
        in your mind, not in what I have actually written.

        I have been involved in open source projects, and closed source
        projects. Their success or failure has had little to do with the
        openness of the project, but a lot to do with the quality of the
        leadership. I respect the folks at CMP, and I would expect that they
        will continue to do a good job of maintaining PCGen. Unfortunately, I
        must assume that you are simialar in nature to certain current political
        figures, in that you assume that if one question _any_ part of a
        generally good structure, one must be completely against the whole
        thing. For the rest of the world, that is not how we think. We can
        happily hold a good feeling about a setup in general, while having
        questions or doubts about some small part of it.

        --
        Dominic Amann, Linux Based Solutions Ltd., <http://www.lbs.ca/>
        18 Candlewood Cr, Toronto, ON M3J 1G8