Re: A "Bug"

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2001
      Really - I hadn't seen that tidbit about Rangers and Paladins, though
      it makes sense. Maybe I need to define tag for this
      CASTERLEVEL:x|y|z which would translate into x being at what level
      you become level 1 spellcaster and y/z is how often you gain a level.
      For clerics,wizards,etc. this would be CASTERLEVEL:1 (the 1|1 for y
      and z being assumed), for Rangers/Paladins this would be
      CASTERLEVEL:3|1|2.
      I could have the PRECLASS:SPELLCASTER|level be compared directly
      against the values for these tags.
      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "David Cortijo" <dcortijo@i...> wrote:
      > The program is calculating the caster level for certain classes
      incorrectly. For Rangers and Paladins, caster level =
      > Levels 1-3 0
      > Levels 4+ class level / 2 (round fractions down
      >
      > For the most part, this doesn't make a big difference, with the
      exception of determinining their availability for Item Creation feats.