RE: [pcgen] Re: Microsoft Java

  • Mike Boozer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 16, 2001

      Windows XP has version 1.3.0_01 of Java.  Whether one really needs anything newer seems nearly useless, aye?  Or should I update it to the highest from M$’s site?

      Boozer

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 16, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Mike Boozer" <longlife@a...> wrote:
        > Windows XP has version 1.3.0_01 of Java. Whether one really needs
        > anything newer seems nearly useless, aye? Or should I update it to
        the
        > highest from M$'s site?

        Hmm. Seems my information is outdated (as well as that on
        www.microsoft.com/java)

        But, no, if it's 1.3.0_01 it should do nicely. There have been a few
        bug fixes to 1.3.1, but none are really critical.

        /Jonas
      • Arcady
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 16, 2001
          This is Sun java though, not MS Java.

          MS is no longer legally allowed to make a different version
          of Java.

          --- Mike Boozer <longlife@...> wrote:
          > Windows XP has version 1.3.0_01 of Java. Whether one
          > really needs
          > anything newer seems nearly useless, aye? Or should I
          > update it to the
          > highest from M$'s site?
          >
          > Boozer

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=201903.1435627.3015748.304267/D=egroupmail/S=1700

          000001:N/A=662184/?http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clinkform/ydomains+mer

          chant-ad:dmad/M=201903.1435627.3015748.304267/D=egroupmail/S=1700000001:

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=201903.1435627.3015748.304267/D=egroup

          http://buzz.yahoo.com/