Re: [pcgen] Bugs Reports & Feature Requests

  • David Cortijo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2001
      I would avoid even implementing an equipment requirement like this, since it doesn't seem worth it.  If the character loses the item, is he still able to gain levels?  If he is, PCgen will prevent him from adding those levels (PCgen prevents adding any levels if the character loses the requirements for a class).  As I've said before, extremely specific requirements don't always seem worth implementing, since you can't expect every situation (I've used the requirements for Assassin, Blackguard, and Hunter of the Dead as examples in the past) that can be used as such a requirment.

      Also, on the PREUATT: tag that's already been added, we need to make sure that PREUATT: defaults back to the character's Base Attack Bonus if there is no UATT: stat - otherwise, the Drunken Master's requirements might as well be a Monk level.

      Dave
      1)      There is no equivalent of PREATT for unarmed attacks, this is needed to
      implement the DRUNKEN MASTER class from sword and fist.
      2)      There is now way of specifying equipment as a pre-requisite, this is
      needed to implement the CAVALIER class from Sword and Fist.