PCGEN Missing Items?

  • Mike <mcavity5@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
      Im prety new to Pcgen, I was using an older version and just
      downloaded the current version 4.2.9.
      I have noticed something odd. There are no Quivers.
      Now I did some reading and acording to the posts, quivers are now
      considered to come with the bolts / arrows when you buy them.
      I belive someone said if its not in the standared equip list its not
      in PCGen.

      However I think this overlooks those who use special quivers.
      My characer has a "quiver of elonia" [i.e. quiver of holding] and I
      cant seem to find it in the equipment list. The only Quiver I see in
      the entire list is something called "efficent quiver"
      Was this overlooked or am I suposet to figure out how to put it in
      myself?

      on a personal note, Im not sure I like the current way of equiping
      items, I think the previous way was a little more intuitive, but that
      did need some improvement. Maybe I jsut need to get used to it. just
      seem hard to see where every thing is easily.

      Have to say though Great work, PCgen is defently the best program i
      have found so far for making characters. Now Im jsut waiting for
      someoen to put in the rest of the Quintessential books [especialy
      monk!]
    • Benjamin Pew
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
        Efficient Quiver is the same thing as the Quiver of Ehlonna. The SRD uses
        only generic names, not campaign-related ones, so it was renamed.

[...]

        <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net>
        <http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen>
        <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
          > However I think this overlooks those who use special quivers.
          > My characer has a "quiver of elonia" [i.e. quiver of holding] and I
          > cant seem to find it in the equipment list. The only Quiver I see in
          > the entire list is something called "efficent quiver"
          > Was this overlooked or am I suposet to figure out how to put it in
          > myself?

          Efficient Quiver is the SRD reference to your Quiver of Ehlonna. Ehlonna is
          an IP of Wizards that they are not opening up under the OGL. We use the SRD
          as guide, not the actual books (legal reasons.)

          > Have to say though Great work, PCgen is defently the best program i
          > have found so far for making characters. Now Im jsut waiting for
          > someoen to put in the rest of the Quintessential books [especialy
          > monk!]

          This is a personal aside. I'd appreciate if more people offered to help,
          than just mentioned what they wanted. There is a small group of overworked
          LST monkeys, and we need all the help we can get.

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen Team
          Data Silverback
        • Dominic Amann
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
            Tir Gwaith wrote:
            >>However I think this overlooks those who use special quivers.
            >>My characer has a "quiver of elonia" [i.e. quiver of holding] and I
            >>cant seem to find it in the equipment list. The only Quiver I see in
            >>the entire list is something called "efficent quiver"
            >>Was this overlooked or am I suposet to figure out how to put it in
            >>myself?
            >

            > Efficient Quiver is the SRD reference to your Quiver of Ehlonna. Ehlonna is
            > an IP of Wizards that they are not opening up under the OGL. We use the SRD
            > as guide, not the actual books (legal reasons.)
            >

            >>Have to say though Great work, PCgen is defently the best program i
            >>have found so far for making characters. Now Im jsut waiting for
            >>someoen to put in the rest of the Quintessential books [especialy
            >>monk!]
            >

            > This is a personal aside. I'd appreciate if more people offered to help,
            > than just mentioned what they wanted. There is a small group of overworked
            > LST monkeys, and we need all the help we can get.
            >
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen Team
            > Data Silverback

            I keep offering to help, and no-one ever contacts me with what to do. I
            am begining to wander if help is really wanted.

            --
            Dominic Amann, Linux Based Solutions Ltd., <http://www.lbs.ca/>
            18 Candlewood Cr, Toronto, ON M3J 1G8
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
              Uhrm... The appropriate authorities have been notified, you will be
              collected shortly and stuffed into my Black Box of Soul Holding (patent
              pending)....

              There will be no unauthorized souls wandering freely around here!!!

              (sorry for missing your previous offers, sometimes it's hard to follow
              with so many emails going on!)

              Mynex
              - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder (www.codemonkeypublishing.com)
              - PCGen's #1 Evil Assistant
              - PCGen Data & Doc Silverback
              - Anyone with an IQ lower than that of mayonnaise should be "fixed" and
              sent to special colonies so the rest of us don't have to deal with them

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                Sort of, but it's VERY ugly and not 100% working right....

                It's being looked into and revamped here shortly... some things need to
                be hashed out still, but it shouldn't be too long a wait...

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                  Sigh... this was to the wrong person... and the wrong list... it was
                  supposed to go to the list file one... I need sleep...

                  Mynex
                  - Code Monkey Publishing Co-Founder (www.codemonkeypublishing.com)
                  - PCGen's #1 Evil Assistant
                  - PCGen Data & Doc Silverback
                  - Anyone with an IQ lower than that of mayonnaise should be "fixed" and
                  sent to special colonies so the rest of us don't have to deal with them

                • Keith Davies
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                    On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 02:09:13PM -0500, Mynex wrote:

                    > Sigh... this was to the wrong person... and the wrong list... it was
                    > supposed to go to the list file one... I need sleep...

                    What? I thought Evil never sleeps!

                    Keith
                    --
                    Keith Davies
                    keith.davies@...

                    PCGen: <reaper/>, smartass
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Keith Davies <keith.davies@k...> wrote:
                      > On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 02:09:13PM -0500, Mynex wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Sigh... this was to the wrong person... and the wrong list... it was
                      > > supposed to go to the list file one... I need sleep...
                      >
                      > What? I thought Evil never sleeps!

                      "...true in general, but sometimes this particular evil likes to put
                      its head down for a while." --Crowley (not that one, the other one.
                      No, the other, other one)

                      -James McP
                    • Mike <mcavity5@hotmail.com>
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                        I'd love to help however,
                        a. I just started looking at this program.
                        b. Im not a programer.
                        c. I dont think I have figured out how everything is suposed to work
                        yet. =)

                        Im still having some fun / comfusion over equipment.
                        Example Rod of flailing. Its shows up 2 times on my character sheet.
                        [where the attack info is] but only 1 in my inventory. It also seems
                        to be missing some details. [no biggie I can correct by hand]
                        +4 deflection bonus +4 resistance bonus for saves [1 per day]

                        Im just going over the program and trying to see what errors I might
                        catch, or where i might be mistaken.
                        [example it lists 2 attacks with my heavy crossbow, and I dont think
                        you can fire a heavy 2 times in a round.]

                        But if you have any ideas how i can help let me know Id be glad to.

                        > This is a personal aside. I'd appreciate if more people offered to
                        help,
                        > than just mentioned what they wanted. There is a small group of
                        overworked
                        > LST monkeys, and we need all the help we can get.
                        >
                        > Tir Gwaith
                        > PCGen Team
                        > Data Silverback
                      • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                          SLUUUURRRPPPPPPP Soul Sucked. Tir will be along to talk to you shortly.

                          Karianna

                          TM SB

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                            On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 07:41:28PM +0000, kigmatzomat <kigmatzomat@...> wrote:
                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Keith Davies <keith.davies@k...> wrote:
                            > > On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 02:09:13PM -0500, Mynex wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Sigh... this was to the wrong person... and the wrong list... it was
                            > > > supposed to go to the list file one... I need sleep...
                            > >
                            > > What? I thought Evil never sleeps!
                            >

                            > "...true in general, but sometimes this particular evil likes to put
                            > its head down for a while." --Crowley (not that one, the other one.
                            > No, the other, other one)

                            "Crowley didn't fall so much as saunter vaguely downward..."

                            I love that book. I've got a copy signed by PTerry. That one does
                            *not* get loaned out; I've got another copy for that.

                            Keith
                            --
                            Keith Davies
                            keith.davies@...

                            PCGen: <reaper/>, smartass
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
                              wrote:
                              <snip>

                              > This is a personal aside. I'd appreciate if more people offered
                              to help,
                              > than just mentioned what they wanted. There is a small group of
                              overworked
                              > LST monkeys, and we need all the help we can get.
                              >
                              > Tir Gwaith
                              > PCGen Team
                              > Data Silverback

                              I would be happy to do some work for this noble cause;)

                              Blithwyn
                            • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 4, 2003
                                SOUL SUCKED, Tir collect please