RE: [pcgen] [BUG] Assigned Feat vs Virtual Feat

  • Andy Knight
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
      A Ranger only has access to those virtual feats when wearing
      light or no armor. If, for some reason, someone felt that
      the ability to fight with two weapons effectively while
      wearing medium or heavy armor was worth spending their feat
      points, they are allowed to do so.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
        Conclusion
        No bug, but a shortcoming (until very recent) in my knowledge.
        Thx Guys

        Ylestos

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Knight" <kofspain@s...> wrote:
        > A Ranger only has access to those virtual feats when wearing
        > light or no armor. If, for some reason, someone felt that
        > the ability to fight with two weapons effectively while
        > wearing medium or heavy armor was worth spending their feat
        > points, they are allowed to do so.

      • John Rudd
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
          > From: "ylestos <ylestos@...>" <ylestos@...>
          >
          > PCGen Version 4.2.8
          >
          > The character that I've is a Ranger, having 2 virtual feats
          > (Ambidexterity & Two-Weapon Fighting).
          >
          > When selecting any other alowed feat in the left hand column will add
          > this feat in the right hand (assigned) feats and remove the feat from
          > the lefthand column, making it impossible to select the same feat a
          > second time.
          >
          > For feats that are assigned as virtual feats, this is not the case;
          > with other words (in the above situation) both Ambidexterity & Two-
          > Weapon Fighting feats are still available in the left hand column for
          > selecting and using(spoiling) one of your feats to choose.
          >
          > Is this a flaw in design or are there specific reason to allow for it.

          Well, for one, a Ranger doesn't get the bennefits of these virtual-feats
          if they're wearing certain types of armor. So, if the ranger wants to
          have those feats unconditionally, they'll have to take them as regular
          feats.