Re: [pcgen] Character doesn't appear in Internet Explorer

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
      Is anything displayed in the console? Does it also happen with a new
      character created with just the PHB loaded?

      James Dempsey
      JDempsey@...

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
        Since it was a fresh install, have you chosen a default template yet?

        Barak
        - PCGen OS Silverback
        - LST Gibbon

      • Andrew Wardell
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
          On 3 Feb 2003 James Dempsey wrote:

          > Is anything displayed in the console? Does it also happen with a new
          > character created with just the PHB loaded?

          The plot thickens.

          Using just PHB, DMG & MM for source material...
          All defaults have been set up, default export sheet is csheet_dnd_combined.htm

          PCGen produces a blank file on export or print preview.
          The behavior is the same for csheet_dnd_compact.htm
          ...and csheet_dnd_mmstatblock.htm
          ...and csheet_dnd_std.htm

          The console shows the following:

          Error in ExportHandler::write
          sun.io.MalformedInputException
          Opening with browser C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
          Executing C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
          file:/C:/DOCUME~2/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/currentPC44476.htm

          *However*, csheet.htm works fine, as does csheet_dnd_WotC_Statblock.htm
          Note that both of these produce a number of messages along the lines of
          "Old syntax WEAPONx will be replaced for WEAPON.x" (for both files)
          or
          "Old syntax STATx will be replaced for STAT.x" (just for csheet.htm)

          Hope this helps.

          Andrew Wardell
          andrew.wardell@...
        • Steve Culshaw <s.culshaw@btclick.com>
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 3, 2003
            Checked my console and I get

            Warning: character is younger than any age information available.
            Using adjustme
            nts for first age category.
            Warning: character is younger than any age information available.
            Using adjustme
            nts for first age category.
            Error in ExportHandler::write
            sun.io.MalformedInputException
            at sun.io.ByteToCharUTF8.convert(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.InputStreamReader.convertInto(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.InputStreamReader.fill(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
            at pcgen.io.ExportHandler.write(ExportHandler.java:161)
            at pcgen.gui.InfoPreview.printToWriter(InfoPreview.java:446)
            at pcgen.gui.InfoPreview.previewInBrowser
            (InfoPreview.java:369)
            at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.printPreviewItem_actionPerformed
            (PCGen_Frame1.java:1652)
            at pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$9.actionPerformed
            (FrameActionListener.java:154)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
            Source)
            at
            javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed
            (Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed
            (Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased
            (Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
            Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown
            Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown
            Source)
            at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent
            (PCGen_Frame1.java:2624)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy
            (Unknown Source)

            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
            (Unknown Source)
            Opening with browser C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
            Executing C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
            file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Stev
            e/LOCALS~1/Temp/currentPC18693.htm

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Wardell" <andrew.wardell@v...>

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2003
              Just double checked, and yes my template was set to
              csheet_dnd_combined

              If I change to csheet_dnd_std I do get output ??

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 8, 2003
                Found the message in the archives about the non-english O character,
                so tried amending the csheet_dnd_combined.htm to replace the Bjorn ,
                o with two dots, with the standard o

                Now when I try a preview, I first get some error messages
                Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class
                Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class
                Error replacing SPELLLISTCLASS%class.%level
                Error replacing %class.%level.%book
                Error replacing %class.%level.%book
                Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class

                But there is st least something in the preview, all be it with
                errors in it :-(

                I've uploaded the file into Need Help With / Outputsheets /
                currentPC7356.htm

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Culshaw <s.culshaw@b...>"

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 8, 2003
                  On 8 Feb 2003 Steve Culshaw s.culshaw@btcli wrote:

                  > Found the message in the archives about the non-english O character,
                  > so tried amending the csheet_dnd_combined.htm to replace the Bjorn ,
                  > o with two dots, with the standard o
                  >
                  > Now when I try a preview, I first get some error messages

                  I *hadn't* seen the message in the archives, so this was good to see. I made
                  the correction and the sheet exports fine. Woo Hoo!

                  Should I assume the the change is going to be made official in further
                  releases?

                  Andrew Wardell
                  andrew.wardell@...
                • Barak
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 8, 2003
                    It already is. :)

                    Barak
                    - PCGen OS Silverback
                    - LST Gibbon

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 9, 2003
                      Any idea why editing it has causes the following errors ?

                      Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class
                      Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class
                      Error replacing SPELLLISTCLASS%class.%level
                      Error replacing %class.%level.%book
                      Error replacing %class.%level.%book
                      Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class

                      I have checked with diff and that's the only edit I've done,
                      honest :-)