Re: [pcgen] Character doesn't appear in Internet Explorer

  • Andrew Wardell
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
      I have had the same thing happen as well (I hadn't gotten around to testing
      with clean data files yet, though).

      On 2 Feb 2003 Steve Culshaw s.culshaw@btcli wrote:

      > Just downloaded v429 and installed it to a new folder. Tried a
      > preview of a character, and IE opens, but there is nothing in the
      > display. Checked the file in C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Local
      > Settings\Temp\currentPC48239.htm, and it's zero bytes
      >
      > Gone back to my v427 and it displays fine

      Andrew Wardell
      andrew.wardell@...
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
        Is anything displayed in the console? Does it also happen with a new
        character created with just the PHB loaded?

        James Dempsey
        JDempsey@...

        > I have had the same thing happen as well (I hadn't gotten around to
        testing
        > with clean data files yet, though).
        >
        > On 2 Feb 2003 Steve Culshaw s.culshaw@btcli wrote:
        >
        > > Just downloaded v429 and installed it to a new folder. Tried a
        > > preview of a character, and IE opens, but there is nothing in the
        > > display. Checked the file in C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Local
        > > Settings\Temp\currentPC48239.htm, and it's zero bytes
        > >
        > > Gone back to my v427 and it displays fine
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
          Since it was a fresh install, have you chosen a default template yet?

          Barak
          - PCGen OS Silverback
          - LST Gibbon

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2003
            On 3 Feb 2003 James Dempsey wrote:

            > Is anything displayed in the console? Does it also happen with a new
            > character created with just the PHB loaded?

            The plot thickens.

            Using just PHB, DMG & MM for source material...
            All defaults have been set up, default export sheet is csheet_dnd_combined.htm

            PCGen produces a blank file on export or print preview.
            The behavior is the same for csheet_dnd_compact.htm
            ...and csheet_dnd_mmstatblock.htm
            ...and csheet_dnd_std.htm

            The console shows the following:

            Error in ExportHandler::write
            sun.io.MalformedInputException
            Opening with browser C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
            Executing C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
            file:/C:/DOCUME~2/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/currentPC44476.htm

            *However*, csheet.htm works fine, as does csheet_dnd_WotC_Statblock.htm
            Note that both of these produce a number of messages along the lines of
            "Old syntax WEAPONx will be replaced for WEAPON.x" (for both files)
            or
            "Old syntax STATx will be replaced for STAT.x" (just for csheet.htm)

            Hope this helps.

          • Steve Culshaw <s.culshaw@btclick.com>
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2003
              Checked my console and I get

              Warning: character is younger than any age information available.
              Using adjustme
              nts for first age category.
              Warning: character is younger than any age information available.
              Using adjustme
              nts for first age category.
              Error in ExportHandler::write
              sun.io.MalformedInputException
              at sun.io.ByteToCharUTF8.convert(Unknown Source)
              at java.io.InputStreamReader.convertInto(Unknown Source)
              at java.io.InputStreamReader.fill(Unknown Source)
              at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
              at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(Unknown Source)
              at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
              at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.io.ExportHandler.write(ExportHandler.java:161)
              at pcgen.gui.InfoPreview.printToWriter(InfoPreview.java:446)
              at pcgen.gui.InfoPreview.previewInBrowser
              (InfoPreview.java:369)
              at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1.printPreviewItem_actionPerformed
              (PCGen_Frame1.java:1652)
              at pcgen.gui.FrameActionListener$9.actionPerformed
              (FrameActionListener.java:154)
              at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
              Source)
              at
              javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed
              (Unknown Source)
              at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed
              (Unknown Source)
              at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased
              (Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
              at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
              Source)
              at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown
              Source)
              at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown
              Source)
              at pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent
              (PCGen_Frame1.java:2624)
              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy
              (Unknown Source)

              at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
              (Unknown Source)
              Opening with browser C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
              Executing C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
              file:/C:/DOCUME~1/Stev
              e/LOCALS~1/Temp/currentPC18693.htm

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Wardell" <andrew.wardell@v...>

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 3, 2003
                Just double checked, and yes my template was set to
                csheet_dnd_combined

                If I change to csheet_dnd_std I do get output ??

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 8, 2003
                  Found the message in the archives about the non-english O character,
                  so tried amending the csheet_dnd_combined.htm to replace the Bjorn ,
                  o with two dots, with the standard o

                  Now when I try a preview, I first get some error messages
                  Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class
                  Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class
                  Error replacing SPELLLISTCLASS%class.%level
                  Error replacing %class.%level.%book
                  Error replacing %class.%level.%book
                  Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class

                  But there is st least something in the preview, all be it with
                  errors in it :-(

                  I've uploaded the file into Need Help With / Outputsheets /
                  currentPC7356.htm

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Culshaw <s.culshaw@b...>"

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 8, 2003
                    On 8 Feb 2003 Steve Culshaw s.culshaw@btcli wrote:

                    > Found the message in the archives about the non-english O character,
                    > so tried amending the csheet_dnd_combined.htm to replace the Bjorn ,
                    > o with two dots, with the standard o
                    >
                    > Now when I try a preview, I first get some error messages

                    I *hadn't* seen the message in the archives, so this was good to see. I made
                    the correction and the sheet exports fine. Woo Hoo!

                    Should I assume the the change is going to be made official in further
                    releases?

                    Andrew Wardell
                    andrew.wardell@...
                  • Barak
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 8, 2003
                      It already is. :)

                      Barak
                      - PCGen OS Silverback
                      - LST Gibbon

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 9, 2003
                        Any idea why editing it has causes the following errors ?

                        Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class
                        Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class
                        Error replacing SPELLLISTCLASS%class.%level
                        Error replacing %class.%level.%book
                        Error replacing %class.%level.%book
                        Error replacing %SPELLLISTCLASS%class

                        I have checked with diff and that's the only edit I've done,
                        honest :-)