Re: [pcgen] [BUG] Light Crossbow

  • Timothy J. Lanza
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
      At 02:12 PM 2/2/2003, rebeyer52 <rebeyer@...> wrote:
      >The Light Crossbow reqquires both hands regardless of size as per PHB
      >p.100. when trying to equip the Lt Crossbow on the
      >inventory/equipping tab only primary hand, secondary hand, rapid
      >shot, carried , not carried show as options.

      Double check the descriptions. Depending on size, some of the crossbows can
      be fired one-handed. They can't be RELOADED with one hand.

      --
      Timothy J. Lanza
    • rebeyer52 <rebeyer@swbell.net>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
        You may be thinking of the second paragrapgh of the light crossbow
        description. " A small or larger charaacter can shoot, but not load,
        a light crossbow with one hand at a -4 penalty. A small or larger
        character at shoot a light crossbow with each hand as noted for heavy
        crossbows above." hat is the 2-weapon penalties of -4/-10.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
          Just recheched the handling of both heavy and Light crossbows.
          I have a medium sized character in PCGEN 3.2.9.

          When you try to equip from your gear list the pop up selections
          should have the options of Both hands, Primary or off-hand, Rapid
          shot, carried, not carried

          For the light crossbow you do not have the both hands option and if
          you equip in one hand a warning pops up when you try to view the OS
          "A two handed weapon must be equiped in Neither or both hands." And
          the shows the light crossbow as not carried. If you equip in one hand
          you can fire at a -4 penalty but not reload. With off-hand use you
          would get the off-hand penalty of -4 for a total penalty of -8. When
          equiping 2 light crossbows there should be a total penalty of -6/-10.
          Abedexterity does effect this. Two-weapon Fighting feat does not.

          The heavy crossbow should work the same as the light crossbow except
          for medium or larger characters.

          Rich

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "rebeyer52 <rebeyer@s...>"