Tutorials for campaign and class creation?

  • Chris Bell <coridan@optonline.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hello. I don't wish to spam the list with newbie questions, so
      where can I find tutorials on the addition of character classes
      (core and prestige) to campaigns, as well as the creation of new
      campaigns, adding feats and new skills, and so on? I'm considering
      converting for my own personal use the Martial Artist from Chainmail
      Bikini Game's Beyond Monks - The Art Of The Fight.

      Thank you!

      CB
    • merton_monk <merton_monk@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
        There are editors for just about everything now if you check out the
        Tools->Lst Editors menu item. Unfortunately there's a problem with
        the class editor in 4.2.9 that's been fixed for the next version,
        but the other editors should be working properly. The syntax for
        most of the items is really quite flexible, which makes it difficult
        for the editors to cover all the possibilities. If you prefer to
        write them by hand you can do so with the aid of the documentation
        in the docs directory. Right now the stuff you add via the Lst
        Editors gets thrown into the custom*.lst files in the
        data\customsources directory. This is loaded automatically every
        time you load sources on the Source Material tab. We plan on
        letting you put these user-added items into different sources which
        you can choose if you want to load or not like all the other sources.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Bell <coridan@o...>"