[FREQ] Issues with left of Equipping tab listed by location

  • junkfilterus <milest@hdvest.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
      2 Issues.
      First, and most minor, when I sort the left side of the equipping tab
      by location, it doesn't necessarilly show where things are located.
      Most of my stuff is in my bag of holding which is in my backpack, but
      it is all listed under other. Maybe another column could be added
      just to show where it actually is? This same column would also be
      useful even when listed by name, just for finding things, and
      especially useful for issue 2 below

      Issue 2:
      If I have a long list of equipment, I have no simple way of finding
      things that I have missed adding to the equipment set. For instance,
      I set up my character export to PDF and print, then go play a PNP
      game. I aquire several new items. The next day, I come in and first
      go to the gear tab to add them to my character, then go to the
      Equipping tab to add them to an equipment set. If I miss one of the
      new items, I won't necessarily know it until I get ready for the next
      game, print the PDF, and notice that my gems or whatever aren't
      there. Currently, even if something is not in an equipment set, it
      shows up under wherever it should go.

      Now, I realize for both of these issues that it is by design. The
      location is showing where the item should go, not where it is.
      However, could another column be added that updates where it actually
      is based on which equipment set you have selected, and possibly even
      another tree branch that lists items not in the the currently
      selected set?
    • Paul <pcswear00@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
        I like this idea hope it makes it in that would be a nice little tool
        especially when you get to high level characters who aquire huge
        amounts of crap but you keep anyways, it might also be a nice thing
        to point out where if you use different equip sets to point out which
        sets the items may be located.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "junkfilterus <milest@h...>"
        <milest@h...> wrote:
        > 2 Issues.
        > First, and most minor, when I sort the left side of the equipping
        tab
        > by location, it doesn't necessarilly show where things are
        located.
        > Most of my stuff is in my bag of holding which is in my backpack,
        but
        > it is all listed under other. Maybe another column could be added
        > just to show where it actually is? This same column would also be
        > useful even when listed by name, just for finding things, and
        > especially useful for issue 2 below
        >
        > Issue 2:
        > If I have a long list of equipment, I have no simple way of finding
        > things that I have missed adding to the equipment set. For
        instance,
        > I set up my character export to PDF and print, then go play a PNP
        > game. I aquire several new items. The next day, I come in and
        first
        > go to the gear tab to add them to my character, then go to the
        > Equipping tab to add them to an equipment set. If I miss one of
        the
        > new items, I won't necessarily know it until I get ready for the
        next
        > game, print the PDF, and notice that my gems or whatever aren't
        > there. Currently, even if something is not in an equipment set, it
        > shows up under wherever it should go.
        >
        > Now, I realize for both of these issues that it is by design. The
        > location is showing where the item should go, not where it is.
        > However, could another column be added that updates where it
        actually
        > is based on which equipment set you have selected, and possibly
        even
        > another tree branch that lists items not in the the currently
        > selected set?
      • Jayme Cox
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
          junkfilterus wrote:

          > Now, I realize for both of these issues that it is by design. The
          > location is showing where the item should go, not where it is.
          > However, could another column be added that updates where it actually
          > is based on which equipment set you have selected, and possibly even
          > another tree branch that lists items not in the the currently
          > selected set?

          There is another sort option for the available equipment table: Equipped
          It will show you equipment in currently selected EquipSet and not in
          currently selected EquipSet.
          Code has been checked into CVS and will be available in next
          release/autobuild
        • junkfilterus <milest@hdvest.com>
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2003
            Thanks.