Adding new output sheets

  • Sebastian Flyte
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1 2:58 AM
      I've probably overlooked something blatantly obvious, but I can't figure
      out how to add new output sheets. I've made a new output sheet in XML
      and saved it in \outputsheets\htmlxml\, but it doesn't show up in the
      export list. What do I need to do in order to make PCGen aware that
      there is a new output sheet that I'd like to use?

      Regards,
      Cador
    • Hugo <emperorfranz@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1 3:28 AM
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Sebastian Flyte <SebastianFlyte@h...>
        wrote:
        > I've probably overlooked something blatantly obvious, but I can't
        figure
        > out how to add new output sheets. I've made a new output sheet in
        XML
        > and saved it in \outputsheets\htmlxml\, but it doesn't show up in
        the
        > export list. What do I need to do in order to make PCGen aware that
        > there is a new output sheet that I'd like to use?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Cador

        Your file name needs to start with csheet (look at the other files in
        the same directory to notice the similarity ;) . Also close pcgen and
        reopen. Pcgen reads the file list at startup so any file you add to
        the outputsheets directory *while* pcgen is running will not show in
        the export popup window.

        Later,
        Hugo
        LST Gorilla stuck in the body of Saguinus Imperator
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1 3:46 AM
          Exactly.

          Thanks Hugo.

          Barak
          - PCGen OS Silverback
          - LST Gibbon

        • Kevin Colagio <kcolagio@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1 8:53 AM
            No idea if this is in the list yet, but it would be nice if there were
            some way that you could re-initialize all the data files/output
            sheets/whatever without exiting and restarting PC Gen.

            For example, if I create a new output sheet and copy it into place
            while PC Gen is running, I have to exit and restart for the new file
            to be listed. What would be cool is a menu named "Refresh" and on the
            menu were options for: All, Output Sheets, Custom Sources, ???

            Just a thought.

            Kevin Colagio
          • Jayme Cox
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1 2:33 PM
              Kevin Colagio wrote:
              > No idea if this is in the list yet, but it would be nice if there were
              > some way that you could re-initialize all the data files/output
              > sheets/whatever without exiting and restarting PC Gen.

              You can, just goto the Source Materials tab and click unload, the load.

              > For example, if I create a new output sheet and copy it into place
              > while PC Gen is running, I have to exit and restart for the new file
              > to be listed. What would be cool is a menu named "Refresh" and on the
              > menu were options for: All, Output Sheets, Custom Sources, ???

              You don't need to restart PCGen for now output sheets to show up. Just
              select the new one under the Preferences->Output... button.