Re: Negotiation Update

  • Rayston n. Orphan <rayston@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2003
      Thank you for the update merton, I sincerely appreciate it.

      ;-)

      Thanx

      Rayston
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk <merton_monk@y...>"

    • Paul <pcswear00@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
        YAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I know the posters of this board
        has been more patient about this than the WOTC e-tools board posters
        so maybe this will help ease their pain. GOOD LUCK.

        <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
        > All,
        > just a quick note to let you all know that we are finalizing
        details
        > concerning multiple projects and partnerships with Wizards of the
        > Coast. Due to the necessity of proper legalese it's taking longer
        > than anticipated, however the light at the end of the tunnel is
        very
        > apparent, and it's not an oncoming train. We were hoping to be
        > completed by the end of the month, but obviously that hasn't
        > happened, however, both Wizards of the Coast and Code Monkey
        > Publishing are working as quickly as possible to wrap things up. We
        > still cannot discuss the specifics of the agreement until it has
        > been finalized. Please bear with us a little bit longer.
        >
        > Bryan McRoberts
        > Code Monkey Publishing, Co-Founder
        > Benevolent Dictator of PCGen
      • Sean Brandt
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2003
          Thanks very much for the update. I know I was beginning to despair of
          hearing anything more.

          -Sean

          On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 11:55 PM, merton_monk
          <merton_monk@...> wrote:

          > All,
          > just a quick note to let you all know that we are finalizing details
          > concerning multiple projects and partnerships with Wizards of the
          > Coast. Due to the necessity of proper legalese it's taking longer
          > than anticipated, however the light at the end of the tunnel is very
          > apparent, and it's not an oncoming train. We were hoping to be
          > completed by the end of the month, but obviously that hasn't
          > happened, however, both Wizards of the Coast and Code Monkey
          > Publishing are working as quickly as possible to wrap things up. We
          > still cannot discuss the specifics of the agreement until it has
          > been finalized. Please bear with us a little bit longer.
          >
          > Bryan McRoberts
          > Code Monkey Publishing, Co-Founder
          > Benevolent Dictator of PCGen

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Jon Jermey
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 10, 2003
            Can you give me an incomplete and not nessicariily correct overview of
            the products?

          • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 11, 2003
              See the WoTC website 8-)

              Karianna
              TM SB

            • ciph3rdr <ciph3rdr@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 11, 2003
                Could you at least provide a link to the info? i could not find it.

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)"

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 11, 2003
                  Um, we haven't finalized a list yet. I was being facetious before, we don't
                  know what books are going to be included, my personal logical guess (I am
                  NOT part of the negotiating team) is that it will be all or close to all of
                  the books _if_ we get an agreement, seems only logical that way? Anyway
                  lets not start more speculation on this, sorry for getting people confused.

                  Karianna

                  Speaking purely as a user.

                  <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net>
                  <http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen>
                  <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen>

                  <http://pcgen.sourceforge.net>
                  <http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen>
                  <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen>

                • Paul M. Lambert
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 11, 2003
                    What Karianna was probably trying to say was, there is no "list" of what WotC
                    publications folks are trying to negotiate for permissions to include
                    in PCGen.

                    Instead, it's reasonable to think that Bryan and the others have asked for
                    _all_ publications, and leave any exclusions to WotC (for example, items
                    for which they do not own all of the intellectual property...)

                    :-)

                    I'm just guessing, of course. Despite my most fervent pleas, I've no
                    more "inside" info than any other reader of this group.

                    --plambert

                  • james wright
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 11, 2003
                      Same here