Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: PCGen/D20/OGL Question

Expand Messages
  • Dekker <dekker500@vif.com>
    For me, the token it maps to doesn t matter. I m writing my own output sheets so I have control over that. The MOD should work for the problem I was having
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 31, 2003
      For me, the token it maps to doesn't matter. I'm writing my own
      output sheets so I have control over that. The MOD should work for
      the problem I was having (persistance of custom modification to
      standard spell entries)

      Dekker500

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
      > ----- Original Message -----
      > From: "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
      >
      >
      > > > So ....
      > > > a) Could Barak and his crew of happy monkeys change the sheets
      to show
      > > > TARGETAREA: instead of DESC: since it seems silly to have a
      column of
      > > > 'See text'? I'd rather lose the column and make everything a
      bigger
      > > > font size than reinforce the fact that I need to read the book.
      >
      > Ok, which sheets are we talking about? The PDF spell list?
      >
      > > Barak says that the TARGETAREA is displayed on the sheets. If
      you need
      > more
      > > clarification, I'll leave that to him.
      >
      > That depends on what token it's mapped to... I thought there was
      talk of
      > mapping the new tags to the old tokens, but I'd have ot browse my
      old mail
      > (at home) to find out.
      >
      > Looking at a copy of the _std.html that I happen to have here at
      work, it
      > uses:
      >
      > NAME, SCHOOL, EFFECT, RANGE, CASTING TIME, DURATION, COMPONENT,
      SAVEINFO, SR,
      > SOURCEPAGE
      >
      > So, I guess I was mistaken when I was chatting with Tir. :)
      >
      >
      > Barak
      > - PCGen OS Silverback
      > - PCGen LST Gibbon
    • taluroniscandar <mhgj@excite.com>
      ... to show ... column of ... need ... old mail ... work, it ... SAVEINFO, SR, ... I thought TARGETAREA was one of the fields that was deprecated/relabeled.
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 31, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
        > ----- Original Message -----
        > From: "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
        >
        >
        > > > So ....
        > > > a) Could Barak and his crew of happy monkeys change the sheets
        to show
        > > > TARGETAREA: instead of DESC: since it seems silly to have a
        column of
        > > > 'See text'? I'd rather lose the column and make everything a bigger
        > > > font size than reinforce the fact that I need to read the book.
        >
        > Ok, which sheets are we talking about? The PDF spell list?
        >
        > > Barak says that the TARGETAREA is displayed on the sheets. If you
        need
        > more
        > > clarification, I'll leave that to him.
        >
        > That depends on what token it's mapped to... I thought there was talk of
        > mapping the new tags to the old tokens, but I'd have ot browse my
        old mail
        > (at home) to find out.
        >
        > Looking at a copy of the _std.html that I happen to have here at
        work, it
        > uses:
        >
        > NAME, SCHOOL, EFFECT, RANGE, CASTING TIME, DURATION, COMPONENT,
        SAVEINFO, SR,
        > SOURCEPAGE
        >
        > So, I guess I was mistaken when I was chatting with Tir. :)
        >
        I thought TARGETAREA was one of the fields that was
        deprecated/relabeled. When you convert older files doesn't it change
        that to, um, EFFECTS maybe. I remember a problem 3-4 weeks ago where
        the lst converter wasn't changing two old labels and I think
        TARGETAREA was one of them.
      • Ian Dale <ian_dale@hotmail.com>
        ... TARGETAREA is the NEW tag. :) (Replaces EFFECTS or some such tag. Don t recall its exact name.) -Ian LST Tamarin
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 31, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar <mhgj@e...>"
          <mhgj@e...> wrote:
          > I thought TARGETAREA was one of the fields that was
          > deprecated/relabeled. When you convert older files doesn't it change
          > that to, um, EFFECTS maybe. I remember a problem 3-4 weeks ago where
          > the lst converter wasn't changing two old labels and I think
          > TARGETAREA was one of them.

          TARGETAREA is the NEW tag. :) (Replaces EFFECTS or some such tag.
          Don't recall its exact name.)

          -Ian
          LST Tamarin
        • taluroniscandar <mhgj@excite.com>
          ... Ohhh, okay.
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 31, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Dale <ian_dale@h...>"
            <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar <mhgj@e...>"
            > <mhgj@e...> wrote:
            > > I thought TARGETAREA was one of the fields that was
            > > deprecated/relabeled. When you convert older files doesn't it change
            > > that to, um, EFFECTS maybe. I remember a problem 3-4 weeks ago where
            > > the lst converter wasn't changing two old labels and I think
            > > TARGETAREA was one of them.
            >
            > TARGETAREA is the NEW tag. :) (Replaces EFFECTS or some such tag.
            > Don't recall its exact name.)

            Ohhh, okay.
          • cyberfunkr <cyberfunkr@yahoo.com>
            ... people will ... description ... them. ... need more ... Just double checked my output sheet (_std.fo) Name, School, Effect (Which displays See text ),
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 31, 2003
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
              > > So ....
              > > a) Could Barak and his crew of happy monkeys change the sheets to show
              > > TARGETAREA: instead of DESC: since it seems silly to have a column of
              > > 'See text'? I'd rather lose the column and make everything a bigger
              > > font size than reinforce the fact that I need to read the book.
              >
              > DESC is not guaranteed to be OGC. So we need permission... If
              people will
              > check the SRD, you will notice that there is no clear '1 liner'
              description
              > listed in it. Hence the See text in the spells and Feats DESC. Other
              > sources will have valid DESC entries as soon as the LST crew gets to
              them.
              >
              > > b) Can someone tell me what the tag is for OS to display TARGETAREA:
              > > so you can leave the current OS alone? I'm using 4.2.7 zips and the
              > > included docs do not show that tag.
              >
              > Barak says that the TARGETAREA is displayed on the sheets. If you
              need more
              > clarification, I'll leave that to him.
              >
              > Tir Gwaith
              > PCGen Team
              > Data Silverback

              Just double checked my output sheet (_std.fo)
              Name, School, Effect (Which displays "See text"), Range, Time,
              Duration, Comp. Saving Throw, SR, Source.

              No TARGETAREA.

              SO:
              Seeing as how there will be sources that will have DESCriptions, it
              would be bad to change the Sheets to not have that field, AND since
              the SRD does not have a clear-cut DESCription we can use, AND we won't
              be able to use the actual PHB text until we get permission...

              Can PCGen include (and/or optionally host on Yahoo) a .lst that is
              nothing but .MOD the DESC field for spell to be the same as what is
              input as the TARGETAREA tag? I already made one for myself, and I
              doubt it would break any OGL/OGC/d20/SRD/WotC rules to have it
              available to anyone else.

              If you want/allow I'll upload my .lst file.

              /Cyberfunkr
            • elves_are_mortal <elves_are_mortal@yahoo
              ... MOD ... what ... Hi. I believe this does what he wants (if I m understanding correctly). I m currently working on MOD files for ALL of the SRD spells.
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 31, 2003
                > Obviously I am shooting from the hip here, as I have not gotten to
                MOD
                > any spells yet (but its coming soon), so the DESC tag may not be
                what
                > you want. Just replace my changes with yours.



                Hi.

                I believe this does what he wants (if I'm understanding correctly).
                I'm currently working on MOD files for ALL of the SRD spells.
                *sigh* I'm done with the D's. . . Long, long work. I really
                appreciate the original data entry folks who entered this into PCGen
                before it was removed. I'm just copying and pasting, and it is
                *still* taking forever.


                /Mortal_Elf/
                Don't ask. No files for you!
              • elves_are_mortal <elves_are_mortal@yahoo
                ... wrote: *snip* ... Why not just change the output sheet to display the DESC: and TARGETAREA: tag outputs. The ability to do so is there
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 31, 2003
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "cyberfunkr <cyberfunkr@y...>"
                  <cyberfunkr@y...> wrote:

                  *snip*

                  > Can PCGen include (and/or optionally host on Yahoo) a .lst that is
                  > nothing but .MOD the DESC field for spell to be the same as what is
                  > input as the TARGETAREA tag? I already made one for myself, and I
                  > doubt it would break any OGL/OGC/d20/SRD/WotC rules to have it
                  > available to anyone else.
                  >
                  > If you want/allow I'll upload my .lst file.
                  >
                  > /Cyberfunkr


                  Why not just change the output sheet to display the DESC: and
                  TARGETAREA: tag outputs. The ability to do so is there (thanks,
                  guys!), and it works, so. . . no need to go through all the trouble
                  of making a MODing file.


                  /Mortal_Elf/
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.