Party Sheet with Weapon List

  • Zevious
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2003
      I have taken the psheet_dnd_std.htm
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/%27Need%20Help%20With%27/Outp
      ut%20Sheets/psheet_dnd_std.htm> and modified it a good bit...removed
      the picture that I never use, added abilities list, and weapon stats
      (Thanks Barak). I need to pretty it up a little, but this seems to work
      well except for 2 problems:

      For some reason, natural weapons do not show up on the list. I've
      checked the bite & claw for the 2 creatures that I'm trying to print
      (Wolf and Raven) and they both have TYPE:WEAPON so should show up here.

      Second is that certain other weapons will not show up on the list. I
      have a NPC that only has a +1 heavy mace and it does not display on the
      list. A PC carries a Masterwork Heavy Mace and it doesn't show either
      (although the crossbow that he carries shows fine).

      Please test this sheet and see if you get the same issues or it's just
      me so that I can try to figure out why this is doing this.

      I have uploaded the new sheet to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/%27Need%20Help%20With%27/Outpu
      t%20Sheets/psheet_dnd_std_Zev.htm

      Zev

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2003
        > For some reason, natural weapons do not show up on the list. I've
        > checked the bite & claw for the 2 creatures that I'm trying to print
        > (Wolf and Raven) and they both have TYPE:WEAPON so should show up here.

        Not sure on this one...

        > Second is that certain other weapons will not show up on the list. I
        > have a NPC that only has a +1 heavy mace and it does not display on the
        > list. A PC carries a Masterwork Heavy Mace and it doesn't show either
        > (although the crossbow that he carries shows fine).

        Try changing the "2" that you're ending the weapon loop with to a "0".

        Barak
        - PCGen OS Silverback
        - PCGen LST Gibbon
      • Zevious <zevious@cox.net>
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2003
          It's definately something with the loop. Seems that it's dropping the
          last weapon to be displayed. I changed the 2 to a 0 and that didn't
          seem to change anything.

          I then set the mace to be the first item in inventory and when I look
          at the party sheet now, it shows just the mace and not the crossbow.
          With it dropping the last item on each list, this is why it's not
          showing the claw or bite since they're the only item that each
          creature possesses (claw for raven & bite for wolf).

          Removing the -1 from COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON]-1 in addition to changing
          the trailing 2 to a 0 resolved the issue. They now appear to be
          displaying properly. :)

          Thanks for the help,

          Zev

        • gildoggydogg <sgilroy2@woh.rr.com>
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 31, 2003
            That's not the problem with the Natural ATtacks. I have created a
            Lion and a Leopard and neither of them show any attacks...they should
            both have Bite and Claw...and Rake too, but I think that's handled as
            an SA.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Zevious <zevious@c...>" <zevious@c...>

          • Kevin Colagio <kcolagio@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 31, 2003
              Here is the code that I use to cycle through the weapons on a party
              sheet. Maybe it will help.

              \\%.FOR.0,COUNT[EQTYPE.Weapon],1,
              <TR>
              <TD class="small">\WEAPON%.NAME\</TD>
              <TD class="small" ALIGN=CENTER>\WEAPON%.TOTALHIT\</TD>
              <TD class="small" ALIGN=CENTER>\WEAPON%.DAMAGE\</TD>
              <TD class="small" ALIGN=CENTER>\WEAPON%.CRIT\/x\WEAPON%.MULT\</TD>
              <TD class="small" ALIGN=CENTER>\WEAPON%.RANGE\</TD>
              </TR>
              ,NONE,NONE,0\\

              If you have any questions on it, let me know. If it doesn't come
              through right (because of the HTML code in it), I'll figure out some
              way of sending it.

              Kevin Colagio
            • Zevious
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 31, 2003
                My updated sheet works fine. Printed the natural weapons and everything.
                Only thing I have to do it get off my lazy butt and pretty up the stat
                section so that they line up a little better. I'm thinking of making
                them a bit bigger and placing a bit more info in there...like maybe a
                comma separated eq list, but not certain on that yet. Have my game
                tonight so will see how these work for now.

                Zev

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              • Kevin Colagio <kcolagio@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 31, 2003
                  I have just uploaded my DM Cheat Sheet for others to use. It can be
                  found at (join these two lines together):
                  Experimental_Output_Sheets/psheetKColagio.htm

                  Note that clicking on it directly will open it up in your browser.
                  You can then do a "File" -> "Save As"....and dump a copy into your
                  output folder (most likely under D20/fantasy/htmlxml or whatever the
                  path is ;) ).

                  If you have any questions on it, please feel free to contact me on
                  list or via e-mail directly. If you would like to see something
                  added, let me know as I could probably use it too. ;)

                  Many thanks to Barak for working with me on it. :)

                  Kevin Colagio