[BUG] 4.2.8 output order broken

  • ze_allanon <allanon@pi.be>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
      Before 4.2.8, you could set the output order of your weapons on the
      output sheets in order to have you three favorite weapons listed on
      the first page (I'm using the "with picture" PDF output sheet). In my
      case, I have a monk, so I want to see on the first page the Unarmed
      Strike, Flurry of Blows and Light Crossbow. Since 4.2.8, whatever
      order I give to the weapons, they always print out in alphabetical
      order (which is BTW nice for the equipment), so I have my unarmed
      strike always at the end of the list on the second page and my dagger
      (which I hardly use, but you never know, it might be useful some day)
      on the first page!

      Allanon.
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003

        Well, the good news is that you no longer need the Unarmed Strike
        equipment. :)

        The bonuses from feats, etc are now applied directly to the "Unarmed"
        listing that occurs at the very top of the weapon list (if you're using
        the current sheets).

        That being said, I'm with you, I want to be able to put the output in
        the order I want, so I hope it's changed soon! :)

        Barak
        - PCGen OS Silverback
        - PCGen LST Gibbon
      • taluroniscandar <mhgj@excite.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ze_allanon <allanon@p...>"
          <allanon@p...> wrote:
          > Before 4.2.8, you could set the output order of your weapons on the
          > output sheets in order to have you three favorite weapons listed on
          > the first page (I'm using the "with picture" PDF output sheet). In my
          > case, I have a monk, so I want to see on the first page the Unarmed
          > Strike, Flurry of Blows and Light Crossbow. Since 4.2.8, whatever
          > order I give to the weapons, they always print out in alphabetical
          > order (which is BTW nice for the equipment), so I have my unarmed
          > strike always at the end of the list on the second page and my dagger
          > (which I hardly use, but you never know, it might be useful some day)
          > on the first page!

          If you click on the order number at the left or the gear tab it will
          give you the choices of first, last and hidden. Change the three items
          you want on the first page to first in reverse order (i.e. the one you
          want third, change first, the one you want second, change second and
          the one you want first, change third). This worked in version 4.2.6 to
          get the desired items in the first three positions. Might still work,
          depends on how much the equipping tab overrides.
        • Geoff <speares@earthlink.net>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar <mhgj@e...>"
            <mhgj@e...> wrote:
            > If you click on the order number at the left or the gear tab it will
            > give you the choices of first, last and hidden. Change the three
            items
            > you want on the first page to first in reverse order (i.e. the one
            you
            > want third, change first, the one you want second, change second and
            > the one you want first, change third). This worked in version 4.2.6
            > get the desired items in the first three positions. Might still
            work,
            > depends on how much the equipping tab overrides.

            Does not work. There's no way to consistently set the order you want
            at present.