Feat PRExxx Question

  • John Kono
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2003
      I'm working on a customized LST file(s) for a game -- let's call it
      GenericQuest. (NB: All of the game-specific names have had the serial
      numbers filed off to protect the guilty.)

      One of the feats is written up with prerequisites as follows:

      "Must be a minimum of 6th level and have at least one level in [these
      are classes] Artichoker, Boffer, or Critter, or have a Strength and
      Dexterity ability score of 15 or higher. May not be taken by [more
      classes] Dramatists, Enforcers, or (active) Critters."

      So, how does one go about translating this into PRExxx tags?
      Specifically, how do I specify PRECLASS or PRESTAT? Is there a way to
      differentiate between active and non-active classes? Does it even make
      sense to try to differentiate between them? TIA!
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2003
        You've got a problem with the class levels OR stat thing... Right now
        (unless they changed it since I worked on Modern file a month or more
        ago) you cannot do PRE or PRE between two different types.

        Barak
        - PCGen OS Silverback
        - LST Gibbon

      • merton_monk <merton_monk@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2003
          Right - the best you can do is have something like
          DEFINE:MYSTAT|(DEX)MAX(STR)
          Then you can have PREVAR:MYSTAT,15

          -Bryan

          > You've got a problem with the class levels OR stat thing... Right
          now
          > (unless they changed it since I worked on Modern file a month or
          more
          > ago) you cannot do PRE or PRE between two different types.
          >

          > Barak
          > - PCGen OS Silverback
          > - LST Gibbon

        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2003
            Bryan missed the target. :p

            You can check either/or in the STAT via PRESTAT:1,DEX=15|STR=15 But his
            statement isn't that...

            It's the PRECLASS OR PRESTAT that PCGen can't do now. You can still do it
            with a DEFINE workaround tho, so long as the DEFINE isn't in the object with
            the PRExxx

            DEFINE:CheckVariable|0
            BONUS:CheckVariable|1|PRECLASS:1,Artichoker,Boffer,Critter=1
            BONUS:CheckVariable|1|PRESTAT:2,DEX=15|STR=15 (AND)

            Then do a PREVARGTEQ:CheckVariable,1 (OR for those 2 BONUSes)

            Now the Critter vs. (active) Critter bit would depend on how those were
            being differentiated.

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen Team
            Data Silverback

            > Right - the best you can do is have something like
            > DEFINE:MYSTAT|(DEX)MAX(STR)
            > Then you can have PREVAR:MYSTAT,15
            >
            > -Bryan
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
            > > You've got a problem with the class levels OR stat thing... Right
            > now
            > > (unless they changed it since I worked on Modern file a month or
            > more
            > > ago) you cannot do PRE or PRE between two different types.
            > >

            > > Barak
            > > - PCGen OS Silverback
            > > - LST Gibbon
          • Eric Beaudoin
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 31, 2003
              At 09:56 2003.01.31, merton_monk <merton_monk@...> wrote:
              >Right - the best you can do is have something like
              >DEFINE:MYSTAT|(DEX)MAX(STR)
              >Then you can have PREVAR:MYSTAT,15

              Except that you should never use all capital letters for a non system viriable.

              Please use
              DEFINE:MyStat|(DEX)MAX(STR)
              instead.

              Best