Re: [pcgen] I really need some help.

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2003

      From: <thisisourname@...>
      Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 8:15 PM

      > I admit to not being very computer literate, but I'm having a
      > problem. The two times I downloaded, I could enter it for the first
      > time and then the second time I tried to start the program, I kept
      > getting a "java has performed an illegal operation" error.

      Do you still have this error? If so, try deleting your options.ini file.
      There might be something odd in there. We generally don't ask people to
      download the program each time they use it :)

      > Also, are
      > we not able to assign magical values to items, like say if I want a
      > Breastplate +1 instead of a normal Breastplate? I appreciate any help
      > I could get with these problems and appologise if you guys have
      > already gone over them.

      To create a magical version of an item, right click on your ordinary item in
      the left hand table of the gear tab. One of the options will be "Create
      Custom Item". Select that one. Now you can add whatever special abilities
      you like. Note that it will have to be made masterwork before you are able
      to add any magical properties though.

      > p.s. No class books? Not compliant?

      Check out the State O PCGen file, it contains all the details, but in short,
      no they are not published under the OGL (Open Gaming Licence), so for the
      moment we cannot provide data files for them.

      James Dempsey
      JDempsey@...
      PCGEN Code Monkey