Re: Upside down and backwards?

  • dlm1065 <dlm1065@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 30, 2003
      I assume you have already run a virus sweep of you computer. If a
      windows machine, I assume you checked to be sure nothing in the
      startup that works with java.
      I would try uninstalling all the java, and pcgen then deleting the
      directories they were in so no garbage that got in there will be
      there when you reinstall, never know what another program added to a
      dirtectory. I would download fresh copies of both java and pcgen to
      reinstall with and then reinstall(the java should ask to create the
      directory). I would install java and then pcgen. I would not run or
      reinstall any other java progs. Run pcgen 1st and see if its ok then
      then add a prog run it check then next, if it still does it to pcgen
      then all thats happened is you wasted some more time but if it
      didn't start doing it till you installed something else you have
      your culprate.
      I have no clue as to your Op. Sys., the ver of Java, ver of pcgen
      you're on now, memory, video, bios of the machine, or many other
      factors. Without more info or ability to look at machine best I can
      think of off top of head

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Rayston n. Orphan <rayston@y...>"
      <rayston@y...> wrote:
      > I know I seem to be the only one who is having this issue so its
      not
      > gonna be high priority, but anyone have any ideas? To refresh
      >
      > The problem is that PCGEN ( and just PCGEN ) is displaying upside
      > down, and/or backwards, sometimes its just one "frame" within a
      > window or even just one field, but usually its the entire pcgen
      > screen ( even the splash screen that comes up when starting PCGEN
      is
      > upside down and backwards ) Mousing over sometimes rights it,
      > sometimes not, closing and opening the PCGEN window sometimes
      fixes
      > it, sometimes not. I have no other Java utilities ( can someone
      > suggest one so I can test? ) I have uninstalled and reinstalled
      >
      > PCGEN
      > Java
      > Graphics Drivers
      >
      > Upgraded to the latest version of all of the above, tried multiple
      > versions of PCGEN, even updated the latest windows updates. I have
      > also tried skinning pcgen and that seemed to make it slightly
      better
      > but the problem still exists.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Anything at all would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanx
      >
      > Rayston
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Rayston n. Orphan <rayston@y...>"
      > <rayston@y...> wrote:
      > > Okay, I tried skinning PCGEN, and it seems to have "partially"
      > fixed
      > > the problem, it still happens, but now it seems to "right"
      itself
      > > easier, just mousing over the section or waiting a little bit
      > usually
      > > gets it to go back to the correct display, but it is still
      > happening,
      > > any other ideas?
      > >
      > > Thanx
      > >
      > > Rayston
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk <merton_monk@y...>"
      > > <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
      > > > Use a mirror?
      > > >

      > > > :)
      > > >
      > > > Is *just* PCGen upside down and backwards? The whole screen?
      Any