problem loading campaign book

  • wafortin <wesfortin@comcast.net>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
      Just upgraded to PCGen 4.2.8. Have JRE 1.4.0_03-b04

      PCGen starts fine. Select Core books to load. Get java failure. I
      noticed in the error message that it was adding "data" twice in the
      path. Since there is no datadata directory on my machine it seemed
      to fail.

      I still have the non-SRD lst files from a previous version. Would
      that cause it to blow up?
    • dlm1065 <dlm1065@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "wafortin <wesfortin@c...>"
        <wesfortin@c...> wrote:
        > Just upgraded to PCGen 4.2.8. Have JRE 1.4.0_03-b04
        >
        > PCGen starts fine. Select Core books to load. Get java failure.
        > noticed in the error message that it was adding "data" twice in
        the
        > path. Since there is no datadata directory on my machine it
        seemed
        > to fail.
        >
        > I still have the non-SRD lst files from a previous version. Would
        > that cause it to blow up?
        No I still have the files and it works(& no I'm not passing them
        around). Try removing the .ini in the pcgen directory and restarting
        that will probably fix the problem. If not open the .ini's up and
        manually change the paths. I'd try just deleting 1st though.

        "by the by" 4.2.9 was just released :)
        go to
        to get the three files.
      • wafortin <wesfortin@comcast.net>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
          Got it. Looks like the full paths were embedded in some of the pcc
          files. Fixed that. Also found that naturalarmor in the old
          templates doesn't appear to be recognized anymore, fixed that. also
          looks like fortitudecheck is also not recognized. Fixed that. Got
          a working version now.

          THanks for the tips.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "dlm1065 <dlm1065@h...>"