Bugs Reports & Feature Requests

  • Carl Edwards
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2001
      BUGS...

      On character sheet output:

      CLASSABBx seems to produce a number (4???) and not a abbreviation of the
      class name.
      CLASSLIST produces: 'Fighter7 Priest3' output... would not 'Fighter 7,
      Priest 3' be better?
      FEATx.DESC does not work and produces an error in PCGEN if used.
      SPECIALABILITYx does not work and produces an error in PCGEN if used.

      FEATURE REQUEST...

      On character sheet output:

      ATTACKBASE.MELEE Each of these three would give just the main base attack
      bonus
      ATTACKBASE.RANGED of the character e.g. '+8' not '+8 / +3' which
      ATTACK.MELEE gives.
      ATTACKBASE.UNARMED This would mean I can import the info into Excel. If you
      import the
      current form Excel calculates the sum =8/3 which is useless.

      RACE.ABILITIES A comma delimited list of all of the characters recial
      abilities.
      (Low Light Vision, +1 to-hit with Long Sword...)

      PLAYER.NAME The players name.

      Best regards

      Carl
    • Nigel Bennington
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2001
        1) There is no equivalent of PREATT for unarmed attacks, this is needed to
        implement the DRUNKEN MASTER class from sword and fist.

        2) There is now way of specifying equipment as a pre-requisite, this is
        needed to implement the CAVALIER class from Sword and Fist.

        3) The BONUS:COMBAT|AC|WIS tag in class.lst stacks! Drunken Master gains
        wisdom bonus as a monk, but if the tag is added, and the prior class was
        monk, the wisdom bonus gets added in twice, if however you don't add the
        tag, then when the prior class was a non-monk, the drunken master doesn't
        get the benefit. Can we either add a non-stacking version of the BONUS tag,
        or add a fourth part to indicate whether or not it should stack with
        existing like bonuses, so for instance BONUS:COMBAT|AC|WIS|N would stack
        with BONUS:COMBAT|AC|INT|N or with BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1 but not with
        BONUS:COMBAT|AC|WIS|N
      • Pedro Gomez
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2001
          When ever I try to make a convert my character to a pcsheet I get a memory
          leak.
          PCgen starts taking more and more system memory. When I up the pcsheet
          create it also starts taking up system memory. I ended up with a102 meg html
          file on my hands. I am running windows 2000 with all the patches and hot
          fixes. minus directx 8.

          hopes this helps.
        • David Cortijo