Re: PC Gen - Put to the test
- The readme.html has the description of how to create your own
equipment. A new notes:
1. everything is case-sensitive (so WEAPON is different than Weapon)
2. anything that can be used as a weapon should start with
TYPE:Weapon.PROFTYPE where PROFTYPE is SIMPLE, MARTIAL or EXOTIC
(assuming you're using the normal proficiency types)
3. if you have a weapon that uses a weapon proficiency of a different
name, use the PROFICIENCY: tag. For example, there is no Dagger,
punching weapon proficiency (these are all listed in the
weaponprof.lst files), but in phbweaponprof.lst there is a Dagger
proficiency, so in phbequipment.lst the Dagger, punching includes
PROFICIENCY:Dagger so PCGen knows that if you're proficient with a
Dagger you're proficient with a Dagger, punching.
4. It's generally better not to use commas in names - Dagger
(punching) is better than Dagger, punching. Both work, but some
lists in PCGen use commas so the ,punching part would be confusing.
5. if you have something that's armor, it should start with
TYPE:Armor.WEIGHT.KIND where WEIGHT is Light, Medium or Heavy and
KIND is SUIT, SHIRT, whatever.
6. Basically, it's best to copy something similar from a file that's
known to work - the MELEE, RANGED and THROWN words in the TYPE: tag
make a different, as do the BLUDGEONING, PIERCING and SLASHING words.
7. Anything that's neither armor nor a weapon is much more straight
That's just off the top of my head. Good luck on your new campaign!
Our campaign plays tomorrow and I've got big plans... ;)
--- In pcgen@y..., "nezzir@h..." <nezzir@h...> wrote:
> I've been GMing the same game (Warhammer FRP) for over a year. I
> to take a break and another GM started a fresh D20 campaign. In
> opening statement to set the stage, we were all arrested and sent
> prison! This will be a prison campaign ran by a brilliant GM.
> I need a FAQ or something on creating my own .lst files. I need to
> custom equipment list (shiv, makeshift weapons, etc.) If someone
> point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I checked
> page and didn't see anything.
> Thanks again for PC Gen. Wonderful product. If you would like to
> on our campaign (it promises to be hilarious), you can visit our