[OS/4.2.5] Weapon box request

  • Ian Dale <ian_dale@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      My ranger-druid weilds two scimitars, and I normally have the
      scimitars as Two-Weapons (both scimitars are the same, so the quantity
      is 2.0). Unfortunately, the coding for the attack/damage entries isn't
      100% correct when the weapons are equipped as Two-Weapons. Instead of
      showing one attack bonus and damage roll per box (his BAB is only +3
      so only gets one attack each), it shows two (as the previous version
      did to show the two-weapon attacks and damage rolls). The first of the
      two are correct, but the second shouldn't be there.

      Probably already been noticed, but I was hoping that this could be
      remedied so that the attack/damage boxes all display the same thing no
      matter how the weapon is equipped on the Inventory tab.

      The workaround is obviously to not have them equipped as Two-Weapons,
      and since my char's Two-Weapon Fighting and Ambidexterity are still
      applied by PCGen even when they aren't "supposed to" according to the
      rules -- which makes sense because VFEATS don't have any sort of
      context to when they are in effect -- I will get the "expected"
      output. Or I could mark out the second attack/damage. ;)

      Thanks,
      -Ian
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
        > My ranger-druid weilds two scimitars, and I normally have the
        > scimitars as Two-Weapons (both scimitars are the same, so the quantity
        > is 2.0). Unfortunately, the coding for the attack/damage entries isn't
        > 100% correct when the weapons are equipped as Two-Weapons. Instead of
        > showing one attack bonus and damage roll per box (his BAB is only +3
        > so only gets one attack each), it shows two (as the previous version
        > did to show the two-weapon attacks and damage rolls). The first of the
        > two are correct, but the second shouldn't be there.

        Doh... I missed that. *sigh*

        > The workaround is obviously to not have them equipped as Two-Weapons,

        Obviously. A good step until I get it fixed up.

        > and since my char's Two-Weapon Fighting and Ambidexterity are still
        > applied by PCGen even when they aren't "supposed to" according to the
        > rules -- which makes sense because VFEATS don't have any sort of
        > context to when they are in effect -- I will get the "expected"
        > output. Or I could mark out the second attack/damage. ;)

        I'll get it fixed (somehow). I want the old sheets to be able to be used as
        well as the new ones.

        Barak
        Output Sheet Chimp
        LST Gibbon