Re: [pcgen] PDF export oddities in 4.2.5

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
      From: <agemnemnon@...>

      > 1) Carrying 3 weapons: scimitar, longbow, and club. Scimitar, bow,
      > and club(melee) show up fine; club(thrown) shows up on page 2 between
      > feats and proficiencies.

      That's where it's supposed to be.

      There's only room for 3 on the first page, and then it goes to an overflow
      area.

      > 2) I have 2 animal companions. None showed up until I opened their
      > character files before exporting. After I opened them only the
      > second companion showed on the character sheet.

      1) As you noticed, you must have the companions open for those blocks to work
      properly.

      2) They should both show up... I'll look into it this evening. Thanks for
      the heads up.

      Barak
      Output Sheet Chimp
      LST Gibbon
    • agemnemnon <c-eklinger@state.pa.us>
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
        Thanks. I wasn't sure the weapon thing was an error. Makes sense to
        me now :)

      • Barak
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003

          Ok, finally home...

          Unfortunately, I cannot seem to duplicate your error here... And I
          can't open your character and test with your files because they are done
          with Forgotten Realms lst files that I do not have.

          If you create a character with two animal companions using only the core
          books, do you have the same problem?

          If you do, please upload those files for me to have a look at.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
            > Unfortunately, I cannot seem to duplicate your error here... And I
            > can't open your character and test with your files because they are
            done
            > with Forgotten Realms lst files that I do not have.

            Sorry about that, it never crossed my mind when I uploaded the files.

            > If you create a character with two animal companions using only the
            core
            > books, do you have the same problem?

            Seems to still be a problem. For the sake of a quick test I created
            a character added 7 levels of druid, then gave him a brown bear
            companion and an owl companion. After exporting, only the brown bear
            shows up on the character sheet along with 3 empty companion blocks.

            > If you do, please upload those files for me to have a look at.

            Done.
            They are in Files > Need Help With > Output Sheets > animalproblem.zip

            Thanks again, Barak.
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
              From: <c-eklinger@...>

              > Seems to still be a problem. For the sake of a quick test I created
              > a character added 7 levels of druid, then gave him a brown bear
              > companion and an owl companion. After exporting, only the brown bear
              > shows up on the character sheet along with 3 empty companion blocks.

              > > If you do, please upload those files for me to have a look at.

              > Done.
              > They are in Files > Need Help With > Output Sheets > animalproblem.zip
              >
              > Thanks again, Barak.

              No problem, I'll take a look when I get home tonight.

              Barak
              Output Sheet Chimp
              LST Gibbon
            • Barak
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
                Hehe... I found your problems... :P

                You're gonna love this...

                On the new characters you sent:
                If you look at the character files themselves, you'll discover that Test
                1 is Animal1's master.
                However, Test1 is NOT Animal 2's master, Animal1 is Animal2's master...
                That's why only one is showing up when you output the Test1 character.

                On the original problem character you have another difficulty in the
                companions .pcg files:
                MASTER:Jaer|TYPE:Animal Companions|HITDICE:0|FILE:C:\Documents and
                Settings\c-eklinger.CWOPA\My Documents\gm\pcgen\characters\Jaer.pcg

                MASTER:Jaer Sylvandell|TYPE:Animal
                Companions|HITDICE:0|FILE:C:\Documents and
                Settings\c-eklinger.CWOPA\My Documents\gm\pcgen\characters\Jaer
                Sylvandell.pcg

                See the difference? You've got two different character files/names
                referenced as master. You must have created one and then changed the
                name/file name of the master at some point and created the next one.

                Edit whichever of those lines is incorrect and I bet they'll both appear
                next time you do an output.

                Barak
                Output Sheet Chimp
                LST Gibbon