PDF export oddities in 4.2.5

  • agemnemnon <agemnemnon@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
      Just upgraded from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5. I noticed 2 problems on my
      character sheet using csheet_dnd_std.fo.

      1) Carrying 3 weapons: scimitar, longbow, and club. Scimitar, bow,
      and club(melee) show up fine; club(thrown) shows up on page 2 between
      feats and proficiencies.

      2) I have 2 animal companions. None showed up until I opened their
      character files before exporting. After I opened them only the
      second companion showed on the character sheet.

      I've uploaded the character files for the PC and both animal
      companions, plus the resulting PDF to Files > Need Help With > Output
      Sheets > jaer.zip

      Any help appreciated, thanks.
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
        From: <agemnemnon@...>

        > 1) Carrying 3 weapons: scimitar, longbow, and club. Scimitar, bow,
        > and club(melee) show up fine; club(thrown) shows up on page 2 between
        > feats and proficiencies.

        That's where it's supposed to be.

        There's only room for 3 on the first page, and then it goes to an overflow
        area.

        > 2) I have 2 animal companions. None showed up until I opened their
        > character files before exporting. After I opened them only the
        > second companion showed on the character sheet.

        1) As you noticed, you must have the companions open for those blocks to work
        properly.

        2) They should both show up... I'll look into it this evening. Thanks for
        the heads up.

        Barak
        Output Sheet Chimp
        LST Gibbon
      • agemnemnon <c-eklinger@state.pa.us>
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
          Thanks. I wasn't sure the weapon thing was an error. Makes sense to
          me now :)

        • Barak
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003

            Ok, finally home...

            Unfortunately, I cannot seem to duplicate your error here... And I
            can't open your character and test with your files because they are done
            with Forgotten Realms lst files that I do not have.

            If you create a character with two animal companions using only the core
            books, do you have the same problem?

            If you do, please upload those files for me to have a look at.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
              > Unfortunately, I cannot seem to duplicate your error here... And I
              > can't open your character and test with your files because they are
              done
              > with Forgotten Realms lst files that I do not have.

              Sorry about that, it never crossed my mind when I uploaded the files.

              > If you create a character with two animal companions using only the
              core
              > books, do you have the same problem?

              Seems to still be a problem. For the sake of a quick test I created
              a character added 7 levels of druid, then gave him a brown bear
              companion and an owl companion. After exporting, only the brown bear
              shows up on the character sheet along with 3 empty companion blocks.

              > If you do, please upload those files for me to have a look at.

              Done.
              They are in Files > Need Help With > Output Sheets > animalproblem.zip

              Thanks again, Barak.
            • Barak
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
                From: <c-eklinger@...>

                > Seems to still be a problem. For the sake of a quick test I created
                > a character added 7 levels of druid, then gave him a brown bear
                > companion and an owl companion. After exporting, only the brown bear
                > shows up on the character sheet along with 3 empty companion blocks.

                > > If you do, please upload those files for me to have a look at.

                > Done.
                > They are in Files > Need Help With > Output Sheets > animalproblem.zip
                >
                > Thanks again, Barak.

                No problem, I'll take a look when I get home tonight.

                Barak
                Output Sheet Chimp
                LST Gibbon
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2003
                  Hehe... I found your problems... :P

                  You're gonna love this...

                  On the new characters you sent:
                  If you look at the character files themselves, you'll discover that Test
                  1 is Animal1's master.
                  However, Test1 is NOT Animal 2's master, Animal1 is Animal2's master...
                  That's why only one is showing up when you output the Test1 character.

                  On the original problem character you have another difficulty in the
                  companions .pcg files:
                  MASTER:Jaer|TYPE:Animal Companions|HITDICE:0|FILE:C:\Documents and
                  Settings\c-eklinger.CWOPA\My Documents\gm\pcgen\characters\Jaer.pcg

                  MASTER:Jaer Sylvandell|TYPE:Animal
                  Companions|HITDICE:0|FILE:C:\Documents and
                  Settings\c-eklinger.CWOPA\My Documents\gm\pcgen\characters\Jaer
                  Sylvandell.pcg

                  See the difference? You've got two different character files/names
                  referenced as master. You must have created one and then changed the
                  name/file name of the master at some point and created the next one.

                  Edit whichever of those lines is incorrect and I bet they'll both appear
                  next time you do an output.

                  Barak
                  Output Sheet Chimp
                  LST Gibbon